Posted to alt.home.repair

Default TV not receiving Channel 2

On 02/06/2017 01:55 AM, wrote:

[snip]

Are you getting any other VHF channels? (2-13)
Any low VHF (2-7)?

The gap (in channel frequencies) is between 6 and 7. VHF low = 2-6, VHF
high = 7-13.

With ATSC the physical broadcast channel can be different from the
displayed channel number. What channel does 2 actually use there?

BTW, the commercial FM band is just above 6. I used to live in a city
that had a channel 6 (before they became digital) and could get channel
6 sound on an FM radio (low end of the dial).

Sounds like a tuner problem.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"My faith is strong I don't need proofs, but every time a new fact comes
along it simply confirms my faith." Palmer Joss in Carl Sagan's Contact
(New York: Pocket Books, 1985), p. 172.