Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Jim

Default Window Company has gone belly up.......;(

Hi there,

I had two large bay windows installed on my house in 1997. The
contractor guaranteed his workmanship for 3 years which was good but is now
4 years past. Last week I noticed a small crack in the triple pane window of
the bay window slicing about an inch long. (starting and finishing at a
bottom corner.) I go outside and see that the plastic frame is also cracked.
So I grab my warranty papers and see that I have a 25 year frame warranty
and 10 yr glass warranty.
I call them up to find that they closed due to being bankrupt.

Am I toast?....Could a lawyer find out who the owners are and go after
them or do you think it's worth it?

Thanks...Jim

dressing up bathroom window Ninip Home Repair 3 June 3rd 04 05:06 PM
window plugs for soundproofing xyz Home Repair 12 May 31st 04 10:55 PM
Sagging bay window - probable cause found? David Hearn UK diy 7 January 14th 04 03:21 PM
Flat Roof Side Window Gary Holt UK diy 1 October 6th 03 07:49 PM
problem with velux window BigWallop UK diy 1 July 23rd 03 08:20 PM