Guido

Default Protecting Deck from Deck Chair Scrapes

So I built this mahoganny deck, and the Misses decides on Italian-style,
wrought-iron chairs and table, like she's sipping vino rose in the piazza.

Now I'm pondering how best to protect the deck's wood surface from movements
of those metal deck chairs?

Rubber feet? Cork on the feet?

Is there a product which will glue on / wrap around chair legs that works
well?

Thanks in advance,

Guido

HVAC IsFun

'So I built this mahoganny deck, and the Misses decides on
Italian-style, wrought-iron chairs and table, like she's sipping vino
rose in the piazza.'

ME: Get her a subscription to an Italian home magazine and a bottle of
vino each week. The wrought iron stuff has to go, otherwise, youre going
to start building airplanes in the basement.

m Ransley

Im sure you can find a pad or rubber but it may take a bit of searching
for whats good for you

SQLit

"Guido" wrote in message
So I built this mahoganny deck, and the Misses decides on Italian-style,
wrought-iron chairs and table, like she's sipping vino rose in the piazza.

Now I'm pondering how best to protect the deck's wood surface from

movements
of those metal deck chairs?

Rubber feet? Cork on the feet?

Is there a product which will glue on / wrap around chair legs that works
well?

Thanks in advance,

Guido

My house is 100% tile. I bought plastic furniture movers for everything.
Works great for moving stuff when cleaning. Do not know about outdoors,
These are peel and stick.

Maybe the manufacture has something that can be installed on the feet.

I-zheet M'drurz

Guido wrote:

So I built this mahoganny deck, and ...

Uuuhhhh?

Really, what am I missing here?! lol Is this mahogany deck
totally under roof? (I guess that would make it a "floor" so
uhhh, nevemind that question).

Does it ever rain in your world, does it ever snow??? Are you
*waxing* the thing??? I'll bet that's a riot for the people
with wet feet walking on it, huh? You realize that *birds*
will fly over it, right? That some slob of a relative or
friend might grind out a cigar butt on it someday, or you might
bounce a big, *greasy* steak off of the grill one of these days
and, what, are you going to stand there and *cry* as you get
a (gasp)stain on that furniture-quality deck??

I'm sorry, yes, I'm a smartass by nature, but I'm being dead
serious. I dunno. I just don't see it. *Mahogany*. ?!

--
Ha'i D-suhlami
filling in for I-zheet M'drurz

Dan Hartung

Guido wrote:
Now I'm pondering how best to protect the deck's wood surface from
movements of those metal deck chairs?

Rubber feet? Cork on the feet?

Is there a product which will glue on / wrap around chair legs that
works well?

http://www.bjburycats.com/floorprotectorskitty.html

Well, maybe not your style. (Maybe not anyone's style.)

http://www.growinglifestyle.com/article/s0/a919491.html

And if you're cheap ...

http://www.growinglifestyle.com/article/s0/a461376.html

default

Dan Hartung wrote:

Guido wrote:
Now I'm pondering how best to protect the deck's wood surface from
movements of those metal deck chairs?

Rubber feet? Cork on the feet?

Bolt the furniture in place. If it doesn't move, it won't scratch.