Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Ping Todd --- Decode errors

What the heck is and how do I find a solution for video errors?

Specifically: "Error: Decode Error." and "Error: object Object."

Win7 SP1 32 bit up to date and Firefox v 50.1.0

Disabled all add-on's, removed some but I get these errors
occasionally at FoxNews videos.

I can't pin it down.

Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/3/2017 3:23 PM, Oren wrote:
What the heck is and how do I find a solution for video errors?

Specifically: "Error: Decode Error." and "Error: object Object."

Win7 SP1 32 bit up to date and Firefox v 50.1.0

Disabled all add-on's, removed some but I get these errors
occasionally at FoxNews videos.

I can't pin it down.

Thanks.

I take some computer questions to news.mozilla.org FF group there.
You can subscribe to the group and best not go via google groups.

Frank
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/03/2017 12:23 PM, Oren wrote:
What the heck is and how do I find a solution for video errors?

Specifically: "Error: Decode Error." and "Error: object Object."

Win7 SP1 32 bit up to date and Firefox v 50.1.0

Disabled all add-on's, removed some but I get these errors
occasionally at FoxNews videos.

I can't pin it down.

Thanks.

Hi Oren,

Does this happen on a particular web site or everywhere?

If it is on a particular web site, more than likely, this
a badly coded web site. If so, what was the web site?

Try this: go to the hamburger (three horizontal bars
on the upper right), a.k.a. preferences

-- advanced (left column)
-- general (tab at top)
-- Turn off "use hardware acceleration when available"
-- restart FF

I always have to leave mine off.

Get back to me and let me know,
-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 14:38:28 -0800, T wrote:

On 01/03/2017 12:23 PM, Oren wrote:
What the heck is and how do I find a solution for video errors?

Specifically: "Error: Decode Error." and "Error: object Object."

Win7 SP1 32 bit up to date and Firefox v 50.1.0

Disabled all add-on's, removed some but I get these errors
occasionally at FoxNews videos.

I can't pin it down.

Thanks.

Hi Oren,

Does this happen on a particular web site or everywhere?

Yes. FoxNews viewing videos, doesn't happen on Youtube or other web
page videos.

If it is on a particular web site, more than likely, this
a badly coded web site. If so, what was the web site?

I thought the same thing about the coding. They have changed things
and there are two many irons in the fire

Try this: go to the hamburger (three horizontal bars
on the upper right), a.k.a. preferences

-- advanced (left column)
-- general (tab at top)
-- Turn off "use hardware acceleration when available"
-- restart FF

I always have to leave mine off.

Get back to me and let me know,

-T

Done the above just now. I'll see. I did run troubleshooting
maintenance and it found a disk cache problem, then cleared it. Maybe
the cache choked? :-) Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/03/2017 02:51 PM, Oren wrote:
[...]

Try clearing your cache:
-- alts (bring up the history pull down
-- clear history
-- uncheck everything except
(or you will lose your passwords, etc.)
-- time range = Everything
-- clear now

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/03/2017 02:51 PM, Oren wrote:
Yes. FoxNews viewing videos, doesn't happen on Youtube or other web
page videos.

Fox News's videos are a notorious pain in the ass.

I do not have Flash Play installed. This forces
HTML5.

If cleaning your cache doesn't help, trying disabling
Flash Player

Speaking of Fox News, I am so glad to see Megan Kelly go
I can not speak.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:15:06 -0800, T wrote:

Try clearing your cache:
-- alts (bring up the history pull down
-- clear history
-- uncheck everything except
(or you will lose your passwords, etc.)
-- time range = Everything
-- clear now

No problem clearing cache through options in FF help. My menus may be
different due to being customized but the key strokes got me there to.

Went to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\System
and Security\Run Maintenance Task, That found, and fixed the cache
problem not related to FF. I think.

Videos seem to now have been fixed (so far). Thanks. If something
changes -- "I'll be back". Looks like the cache was related to the OS
and perhaps FF, maybe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:17:42 -0800, T wrote:

On 01/03/2017 02:51 PM, Oren wrote:
Yes. FoxNews viewing videos, doesn't happen on Youtube or other web
page videos.

Fox News's videos are a notorious pain in the ass.

I do not have Flash Play installed. This forces
HTML5.

If cleaning your cache doesn't help, trying disabling
Flash Player

I was thinking the decode errors was related to Flash and Java. I
removed No Script for now and disabled other ad-on's. It didn't help,
but I think I'm back to normal -- we'll see

Speaking of Fox News, I am so glad to see Megan Kelly go
I can not speak.

She won't get more money at NBC though. Mark Dice nailed her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyZM_71Q8ns

Do the math...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/03/2017 05:46 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:15:06 -0800, T wrote:

Try clearing your cache:
-- alts (bring up the history pull down
-- clear history
-- uncheck everything except
(or you will lose your passwords, etc.)
-- time range = Everything
-- clear now

No problem clearing cache through options in FF help. My menus may be
different due to being customized but the key strokes got me there to.

Went to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\System
and Security\Run Maintenance Task, That found, and fixed the cache
problem not related to FF. I think.

Videos seem to now have been fixed (so far). Thanks. If something
changes -- "I'll be back". Looks like the cache was related to the OS
and perhaps FF, maybe.

Well, you know where to find me. :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 7:55:37 PM UTC-6, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 16:17:42 -0800, T wrote:

On 01/03/2017 02:51 PM, Oren wrote:
Yes. FoxNews viewing videos, doesn't happen on Youtube or other web
page videos.

Fox News's videos are a notorious pain in the ass.

I do not have Flash Play installed. This forces
HTML5.

If cleaning your cache doesn't help, trying disabling
Flash Player

I was thinking the decode errors was related to Flash and Java. I
removed No Script for now and disabled other ad-on's. It didn't help,
but I think I'm back to normal -- we'll see

Speaking of Fox News, I am so glad to see Megan Kelly go
I can not speak.

She won't get more money at NBC though. Mark Dice nailed her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyZM_71Q8ns

Do the math...

Always a dicey situation when Mark is on the loose. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Diced Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 18:49:42 -0800, T wrote:

Well, you know where to find me. :-)

Todd,

Went almost 24 hours and no errors and just now got the "Error {object
Object.]" error at FoxNews on a video.. No Java is located on the
machine here, but I did remove flash player just now. Cleaned and
flushed all cache.

"I'll be back"

Are you cold and wet up there? :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 04 Jan 2017 19:05:35 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 18:49:42 -0800, T wrote:

Well, you know where to find me. :-)

Todd,

Went almost 24 hours and no errors and just now got the "Error {object
Object.]" error at FoxNews on a video.. No Java is located on the
machine here, but I did remove flash player just now. Cleaned and
flushed all cache.

"I'll be back"

Are you cold and wet up there? :-)

Hey Todd,

Just got an "Error: value is undefined" from Fox Business News.

Something is going on with Fox :0)

(Computers are like women, miss a period and they go nuts wink)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/05/2017 03:52 PM, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 04 Jan 2017 19:05:35 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 18:49:42 -0800, T wrote:

Well, you know where to find me. :-)

Todd,

Went almost 24 hours and no errors and just now got the "Error {object
Object.]" error at FoxNews on a video.. No Java is located on the
machine here, but I did remove flash player just now. Cleaned and
flushed all cache.

"I'll be back"

Are you cold and wet up there? :-)

Hey Todd,

Just got an "Error: value is undefined" from Fox Business News.

Something is going on with Fox :0)

(Computers are like women, miss a period and they go nuts wink)

Hi Oren,

Fox New's videos are a pain in the ass. It is
probably them and not you.

It has been raining and snow off and on for the past few days.
I had a trouble call in Tahoe yesterday. Tahoe was actually
warmer than the valley!

And, the weather forecast is for freezing rain on Saturday.
It got down to 16F last night. Cars sound funny rolling down the
road this morning. Crunch, Crunch, Crunch. :-)

We are on flood watch for Sunday.

How about you guys? It won't touch me.

-T
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/04/2017 07:05 PM, Oren wrote:
No Java is located on the
machine here, but I did remove flash player just now

No java and no flash is a nice security improvement!
I wish Flash would just go away.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 6 Jan 2017 11:44:23 -0800, T wrote:

Hi Oren,

Fox New's videos are a pain in the ass. It is
probably them and not you.

That's what I figure.

It has been raining and snow off and on for the past few days.
I had a trouble call in Tahoe yesterday. Tahoe was actually
warmer than the valley!

And, the weather forecast is for freezing rain on Saturday.
It got down to 16F last night. Cars sound funny rolling down the
road this morning. Crunch, Crunch, Crunch. :-)

We are on flood watch for Sunday.

How about you guys? It won't touch me.

It Feels Like 35°F -- Sunny Burr!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/06/2017 12:02 PM, Oren wrote:
It Feels Like 35°F -- Sunny Burr!

It's George Bush's fault! What ??? Okay,
it's Putin's fault !!! What??? Okay, it's
just the weather.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 6 Jan 2017 13:54:37 -0800, T wrote:

On 01/06/2017 12:02 PM, Oren wrote:
It Feels Like 35°F -- Sunny Burr!

It's George Bush's fault! What ??? Okay,
it's Putin's fault !!! What??? Okay, it's
just the weather.

The British are coming. The British are coming!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/06/2017 09:29 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 6 Jan 2017 13:54:37 -0800, T wrote:

On 01/06/2017 12:02 PM, Oren wrote:
It Feels Like 35°F -- Sunny Burr!

It's George Bush's fault! What ??? Okay,
it's Putin's fault !!! What??? Okay, it's
just the weather.

The British are coming. The British are coming!

Not them too !!!!! Life will be so b-o-r-i-n-g !!!
But at least they will be easy to spot. Their ears are
not the same height.

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!