Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Ping Todd --- Decode errors

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 14:38:28 -0800, T wrote:

On 01/03/2017 12:23 PM, Oren wrote:
What the heck is and how do I find a solution for video errors?

Specifically: "Error: Decode Error." and "Error: object Object."

Win7 SP1 32 bit up to date and Firefox v 50.1.0

Disabled all add-on's, removed some but I get these errors
occasionally at FoxNews videos.

I can't pin it down.

Thanks.

Hi Oren,

Does this happen on a particular web site or everywhere?

Yes. FoxNews viewing videos, doesn't happen on Youtube or other web
page videos.

If it is on a particular web site, more than likely, this
a badly coded web site. If so, what was the web site?

I thought the same thing about the coding. They have changed things
and there are two many irons in the fire

Try this: go to the hamburger (three horizontal bars
on the upper right), a.k.a. preferences

-- advanced (left column)
-- general (tab at top)
-- Turn off "use hardware acceleration when available"
-- restart FF

I always have to leave mine off.

Get back to me and let me know,

-T

Done the above just now. I'll see. I did run troubleshooting
maintenance and it found a disk cache problem, then cleared it. Maybe
the cache choked? :-) Thanks.