Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Christmas In Alabamastan

It's 77°F here in Birmingham at 3:30pm. Santa was seen wearing a red T shirt, red shorts, red crew socks and red track shoes when he was making his rounds last night. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Hot Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Dec 2016 13:42:43 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

It's 77°F here in Birmingham at 3:30pm. Santa was seen wearing a red T shirt, red shorts, red crew socks and red track shoes when he was making his rounds last night. ?(•?•)?

[8~{} Uncle Hot Monster

Was his neck red?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's 77°F here in Birmingham at 3:30pm. Santa was seen wearing a red T shirt, red shorts, red crew socks and red track shoes when he was making his rounds last night. ?(€¢?€¢)?

[8~{} Uncle Hot Monster

Was his neck red?

Not only that but his butt was red from chafing caused by the tight shorts. Lucky for Santa, a wise recipient of Santa's good cheer left him some baby powder along with a bottle of vodka next to the cookies. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Cheery Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's 77°F here in Birmingham at 3:30pm. Santa was seen wearing a red T shirt, red shorts, red crew socks and red track shoes when he was making his rounds last night. ?(•?•)?

[8~{} Uncle Hot Monster

Was his neck red?

Not only that but his butt was red from chafing caused by the tight shorts. Lucky for Santa, a wise recipient of Santa's good cheer left him some baby powder along with a bottle of vodka next to the cookies. ?(•?•)?

[8~{} Uncle Cheery Monster

The Good News is that Santa is still alive and well in 'Bamma.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's 77°F here in Birmingham at 3:30pm. Santa was seen wearing a red T shirt, red shorts, red crew socks and red track shoes when he was making his rounds last night. ?(€¢?€¢)?

[8~{} Uncle Hot Monster

Was his neck red?

Not only that but his butt was red from chafing caused by the tight shorts. Lucky for Santa, a wise recipient of Santa's good cheer left him some baby powder along with a bottle of vodka next to the cookies. ?(€¢?€¢)?

[8~{} Uncle Cheery Monster

The Good News is that Santa is still alive and well in 'Bamma.

7:00pm and it's 72°F. I call that a comfortable Christmas! The most interesting Christmas I ever experienced was out in the Marshall Islands just a bit North of The Equator. We were all very far away from home. Our wonderful military people experience it all the time. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Distant Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's 77°F here in Birmingham at 3:30pm. Santa was seen wearing a red T shirt, red shorts, red crew socks and red track shoes when he was making his rounds last night. ?(•?•)?

[8~{} Uncle Hot Monster

Was his neck red?

Black as the ace of spades. We're talking Alabama.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's 77°F here in Birmingham at 3:30pm. Santa was seen wearing a red T shirt, red shorts, red crew socks and red track shoes when he was making his rounds last night. ?(•?•)?

[8~{} Uncle Hot Monster

Was his neck red?

Black as the ace of spades. We're talking Alabama.

No many blacks in Black, Alabama :-\

http://www.alabama-demographics.com/black-demographics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPpFcMKT2mk
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It's 77°F here in Birmingham at 3:30pm. Santa was seen wearing a red
T shirt, red shorts, red crew socks and red track shoes when he was
making his rounds last night. ?(•?•)?

[8~{} Uncle Hot Monster

Was his neck red?

Black as the ace of spades. We're talking Alabama.

It there the proper mix of white, black, asian, etc of Santas
in 'Bama?
Somebody must be keeping track. How about female Santas? Do over half
the Santas have a wiggle in their walk?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/26/2016 10:34 AM, Oren wrote:
No many blacks in Black, Alabama :-\

Not many people in Black, period That's out near the highest point
in Florida, isn't it? Prior to GPS's I drove around for a while looking
for it sometimes in FL, sometimes in AL. I never did find it. The hills
up around Talladega were more my speed.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 11:30:47 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 12/26/2016 10:34 AM, Oren wrote:
No many blacks in Black, Alabama :-\

Not many people in Black, period That's out near the highest point
in Florida, isn't it? Prior to GPS's I drove around for a while looking
for it sometimes in FL, sometimes in AL. I never did find it. The hills
up around Talladega were more my speed.

Mom was born along the border with Florida. There was controversy if
she was born in Fl or AL. To get in school she had to have witnesses
to her birth in AL.

You likely missed Black because they changed the road going "around".
Black only had a blinker light, old general store and a Baptist
church, with a few farmsteads around.

The blinker light was shot out many, many years ago and it became a
nest for martins. (gotta pic somewhere here)

Highest elevations: North Florida

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Florida%27s_highest_points

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/26/2016 12:30 PM, Oren wrote:
Highest elevations: North Florida

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Florida%27s_highest_points

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britton_Hill

That's the one I was looking for. I may have driven past it. Road maps
c. 1986 weren't exactly the best navigation aids.

After the GPS's got better I was amused by the number of things that
weren't where I thought the were. I'd see features labeled on large
scale Forest Service maps like Busted Nut Knob. I was never too sure
exactly where I was so I'd look around for a feature that stood out
enough that somebody might have named it. Sometimes I was right,
sometimes I was wrong. It didn't help that the guys doing back country
maps were doing their share of guessing either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 12:57:53 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 12/26/2016 12:30 PM, Oren wrote:
Highest elevations: North Florida

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Florida%27s_highest_points

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britton_Hill

That's the one I was looking for. I may have driven past it. Road maps
c. 1986 weren't exactly the best navigation aids.

After the GPS's got better I was amused by the number of things that
weren't where I thought the were. I'd see features labeled on large
scale Forest Service maps like Busted Nut Knob. I was never too sure
exactly where I was so I'd look around for a feature that stood out
enough that somebody might have named it. Sometimes I was right,
sometimes I was wrong. It didn't help that the guys doing back country
maps were doing their share of guessing either.

Ever make it to Two Egg, Florida? No city government; no city
services, not even taxes. Bandits keep stealing the road signs ;-)

http://twoeggfla.com/main/2016/12/09/welcome/

Watch out for the Two Egg Stump Jumper!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/26/2016 04:23 PM, Oren wrote:
Ever make it to Two Egg, Florida? No city government; no city
services, not even taxes. Bandits keep stealing the road signs ;-)

Not that I remember. I did screw around in the Apalachicola NF south of
there.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Dec 2016 17:33:42 -0700, rbowman
wrote:

On 12/26/2016 04:23 PM, Oren wrote:
Ever make it to Two Egg, Florida? No city government; no city
services, not even taxes. Bandits keep stealing the road signs ;-)

Not that I remember. I did screw around in the Apalachicola NF south of
there.

Oh. Big FSU fans. Never mention the Florida Gators in a bar -- you
have to back out the place :-)

Apalachicola Bay is infamous for the oysters and their size, YUM