Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT a new record for old ?

For those here who like to point out the fact that
someone has replied to a very old usenet thread -
Rod in misc.rural just replied to a 1993 thread !
:-)
What froups were you reading & posting in 1993 ?
John T.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 9:42:27 AM UTC-5, wrote:
For those here who like to point out the fact that
someone has replied to a very old usenet thread -
Rod in misc.rural just replied to a 1993 thread !
:-)
What froups were you reading & posting in 1993 ?
John T.

More than I care to list and probably some that I wouldn't.

I've been on usenet since the early 80's.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 9:11:33 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 9:42:27 AM UTC-5, wrote:
For those here who like to point out the fact that
someone has replied to a very old usenet thread -
Rod in misc.rural just replied to a 1993 thread !
:-)
What froups were you reading & posting in 1993 ?
John T.

More than I care to list and probably some that I wouldn't.

I've been on usenet since the early 80's.

My first access to Usenet was through a BBS door. I was paying by the hour back then. I remember doing some chatting via satellite link to Birmingham from the Kwajalein Atoll back in the late 1980's. Watching the letters appearing on the green screen of the IBM PC as the guy back in Birmingham typed them was pretty cool. The 7" Fire tablet I now use was science fiction back then. It's amazing that an old school text based discussion forum like Usenet is still around albeit on life support. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Ancient Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
For those here who like to point out the fact that
someone has replied to a very old usenet thread -
Rod in misc.rural just replied to a 1993 thread !
:-)
What froups were you reading & posting in 1993 ?
John T.

More than I care to list and probably some that I wouldn't.

I've been on usenet since the early 80's.

My first access to Usenet was through a BBS door. I was paying by the hour
back then. I remember doing some chatting via satellite link to Birmingham
from the Kwajalein Atoll back in the late 1980's. Watching the letters
appearing on the green screen of the IBM PC as the guy back in Birmingham
typed them was pretty cool. The 7" Fire tablet I now use was science
fiction back then. It's amazing that an old school text based discussion
forum like Usenet is still around albeit on life support.

Binaries are busy.

JAN 2016 data:

24 TB a day in 56 million posts.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

Oh hell, I forgot about binaries! I used to get a lot of stuff from binaries groups. I'm stuck with Google Groups right now. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Binary Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 13:11:47 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

Oh hell, I forgot about binaries! I used to get a lot of stuff from binaries groups. I'm stuck with Google Groups right now. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Binary Monster

Ever see a binary opened with a binary editor, posted as a text
message and then renamed with the *.exe extension. Rather easy but it
has been a long time for me. I could maybe figure it out again : )
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Oh hell, I forgot about binaries! I used to get a lot of stuff from binaries groups. I'm stuck with Google Groups right now. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Binary Monster

Ever see a binary opened with a binary editor, posted as a text
message and then renamed with the *.exe extension. Rather easy but it
has been a long time for me. I could maybe figure it out again : )

It's been years since I screwed with binary groups. The Pirate Bay kind of made it unnecessary for me to frak with binary groups. It's so much easier to download an ISO, zip or executable from a pirate website. The "Torch" browser has a builtin torrent feature. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://torchbrowser.com/

[8~{} Uncle Flaming Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

Im 80's too. You can tell the oldest by a user's name. I am simply Thomas. Not Thomas223asd45.
Original names are harder to assume..
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Oh hell, I forgot about binaries! I used to get a lot of stuff from binaries groups. I'm stuck with Google Groups right now. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Binary Monster

Ever see a binary opened with a binary editor, posted as a text
message and then renamed with the *.exe extension. Rather easy but it
has been a long time for me. I could maybe figure it out again : )

It's been years since I screwed with binary groups. The Pirate Bay kind of made it unnecessary for me to frak with binary groups. It's so much easier to download an ISO, zip or executable from a pirate website. The "Torch" browser has a builtin torrent feature. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

http://torchbrowser.com/

[8~{} Uncle Flaming Monster

You guys are old.

The 4 year old who gave me the name "Uncle Monster" is now 34 and one grown man I could really embarrass in front of his friends. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Embarrassing Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 8:02:01 PM UTC-5, Thomas wrote:
Im 80's too. You can tell the oldest by a user's name. I am simply Thomas. Not Thomas223asd45.
Original names are harder to assume..

The numbers aren't always added just because the root of the handle has already
been used.

My handle ends in 03 but not because there are any DerbyDad's before me. The
03 has a specific meaning all on it's own.

IS THIS A RECORD? Simon Mason UK diy 22 November 26th 16 04:33 PM
Is this a record? The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 14 April 11th 14 03:13 PM
Just for the record rangerssuck Metalworking 32 April 6th 12 03:48 AM
which oil to use in record cl3 bizHB Woodturning 8 December 20th 05 10:55 AM
Record DML 24 News Woodturning 0 October 24th 04 04:13 PM