Posted to alt.home.repair
catalpa catalpa is offline

Default OT a new record for old ?

"Uncle Monster" wrote in message
On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 9:11:33 AM UTC-6, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 9:42:27 AM UTC-5,
wrote:
For those here who like to point out the fact that
someone has replied to a very old usenet thread -
Rod in misc.rural just replied to a 1993 thread !
:-)
What froups were you reading & posting in 1993 ?
John T.

More than I care to list and probably some that I wouldn't.

I've been on usenet since the early 80's.

My first access to Usenet was through a BBS door. I was paying by the hour
back then. I remember doing some chatting via satellite link to Birmingham
from the Kwajalein Atoll back in the late 1980's. Watching the letters
appearing on the green screen of the IBM PC as the guy back in Birmingham
typed them was pretty cool. The 7" Fire tablet I now use was science
fiction back then. It's amazing that an old school text based discussion
forum like Usenet is still around albeit on life support.

Binaries are busy.

JAN 2016 data:

24 TB a day in 56 million posts.