Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flex Seal

You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving

On 12/10/2016 5:55 AM, Meanie wrote:
You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

He's a fat New York jew *******.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2016 5:55 AM, Meanie wrote:
You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

I have not used it myself, but I saw a can in a buddy's barn and asked
him: he says it is great stuff. Maybe takes several coats.
Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.slack

On 12/10/2016 6:53 AM, Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 12/10/2016 5:55 AM, Meanie wrote:
You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

I have not used it myself, but I saw a can in a buddy's barn and asked
him: he says it is great stuff. Maybe takes several coats.

Is that where he was rogering you?
In the barn....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 8:55:46 AM UTC-5, Meanie wrote:
You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

I used the spray in an attempt to fix a leak below the windshield of a car.

Because of limited access to the specific area where the leak was occurring
and the amount of rust in the area I was trying to seal, I was only able to
improve the situation, not completely stop the leak.

The best I can say is that it appears to work, but since I couldn't actually
see the entire application area, I can't blame the less than perfect results
on the product. I don't know if I was able to achieve 100% coverage, but the
leak was reduced by a considerable amount.

If the only allowable answers are "Yes, it works as advertised" or "Run away
as fast as you can", I would choose the former.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I was ripped off on the tv deal. Posted it here. I still have the 2 cans. I was so ****ed off i never used them.
They might be the cats ass but i will hate them forever.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2016 8:55 AM, Meanie wrote:
You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

Amazon sells it and here are their reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/Flex-Seal-Bri...ews/B00LBE1CJM

I do caution with Amazon as they ask reviews immediately and what
appeared good when first used, may have disappointed with time and
review does not mention it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 1:22:24 PM UTC-6, Frank wrote:

Amazon sells it and here are their reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/Flex-Seal-Bri...ews/B00LBE1CJM

It can also be bought in stores that sell the "As Seen on
TV" items.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 08:55:27 -0500, Meanie wrote:

You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

See the ads. Never used or have a need so far. The ads show them on
an airboat in the Everglades, on water only. Airboats can also cross
land -- show me that ad. :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:05:40 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 08:55:27 -0500, Meanie wrote:

You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

See the ads. Never used or have a need so far. The ads show them on
an airboat in the Everglades, on water only. Airboats can also cross
land -- show me that ad. :-)

Hovercraft can cross land. Airboats can cross swamp - but on dry land
they are pretty well useless

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 16:44:01 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:05:40 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 08:55:27 -0500, Meanie wrote:

You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

See the ads. Never used or have a need so far. The ads show them on
an airboat in the Everglades, on water only. Airboats can also cross
land -- show me that ad. :-)

Hovercraft can cross land. Airboats can cross swamp - but on dry land
they are pretty well useless

Might want to check your facts : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PTaTTkXus

Cousin Airboat Captain Swamp Billy
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 13:51:17 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 16:44:01 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:05:40 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 08:55:27 -0500, Meanie wrote:

You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

See the ads. Never used or have a need so far. The ads show them on
an airboat in the Everglades, on water only. Airboats can also cross
land -- show me that ad. :-)

Hovercraft can cross land. Airboats can cross swamp - but on dry land
they are pretty well useless

Might want to check your facts : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PTaTTkXus

Cousin Airboat Captain Swamp Billy

.... and 2500 HP Florida Air Boat ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swe7q3N_nSE
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 13:51:17 -0800, Oren wrote:

Hovercraft can cross land. Airboats can cross swamp - but on dry land
they are pretty well useless

Might want to check your facts : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PTaTTkXus

Cousin Airboat Captain Swamp Billy

They have improved grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtFRwRWsfJs

Back in the day they were just a big block caddy engine with a wooden
plane prop ~ 150 MPH.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2016 2:22 PM, Frank wrote:
On 12/10/2016 8:55 AM, Meanie wrote:
You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

Amazon sells it and here are their reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/Flex-Seal-Bri...ews/B00LBE1CJM

I do caution with Amazon as they ask reviews immediately and what
appeared good when first used, may have disappointed with time and
review does not mention it.

I often purchase from Amazon and within a day or two after receiving
(and sometimes even before it arrives), they ask for a review. I don't
write a review until I've provided a decent amount of time using a
product, depending what it is of course.

I agree, I've seen some reviews people wrote soon after receiving a
product then say, "I'll update later", but never I see an update.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/10/2016 4:51 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 16:44:01 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:05:40 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 08:55:27 -0500, Meanie wrote:

You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

See the ads. Never used or have a need so far. The ads show them on
an airboat in the Everglades, on water only. Airboats can also cross
land -- show me that ad. :-)

Hovercraft can cross land. Airboats can cross swamp - but on dry land
they are pretty well useless

Might want to check your facts : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PTaTTkXus

Cousin Airboat Captain Swamp Billy

I would believe the original design was for water. The amount of higher
HP is surely required for ground travel due to a large increase of
friction. I wouldn't do it since the bottom would become increasingly
damaged over time.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 17:56:43 -0500, Meanie wrote:

[...]

Newer hulls may have a metal plate on the bottom to prevent hull
damage. Say 3/16 " aluminum. (example). Yankees in the North have
adopted airboats from the South for use on frozen lakes - EMS rescue.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 6:25:39 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
[...]

I'm waiting for our bay to freeze up so I can go down and watch our local VFD practice
with their airboat. It doesn't look "adopted" but I guess they can color them once they get
them.

It's cool (no pun intended) when they practice soon after a snow fall. The air boat sends up
huge clouds of snow as they maneuver around. It's also neat to watch them "float" the boat
up onto the trailer with a bunch of guys surrounding it and guiding it into position. They are
often working inside a huge cloud of swirling snow.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:05:40 -0800, Oren
wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 08:55:27 -0500, Meanie wrote:

You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

See the ads. Never used or have a need so far. The ads show them on
an airboat in the Everglades, on water only. Airboats can also cross

It says they made the airboat out of xxxxxx but I can never tell what
they say it's made of. ???

land -- show me that ad. :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 18:53:25 -0500, micky
wrote:

It says they made the airboat out of xxxxxx but I can never tell what
they say it's made of. ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7piitWUDoU

I would not trust Flex Seal, just my opinion.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 13:51:17 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 16:44:01 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:05:40 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 08:55:27 -0500, Meanie wrote:

You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

See the ads. Never used or have a need so far. The ads show them on
an airboat in the Everglades, on water only. Airboats can also cross
land -- show me that ad. :-)

Hovercraft can cross land. Airboats can cross swamp - but on dry land
they are pretty well useless

Might want to check your facts : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PTaTTkXus

Cousin Airboat Captain Swamp Billy

There is no limit to the stupidity of a drunk redneck!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 13:51:17 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 16:44:01 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:05:40 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 08:55:27 -0500, Meanie wrote:

You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

See the ads. Never used or have a need so far. The ads show them on
an airboat in the Everglades, on water only. Airboats can also cross
land -- show me that ad. :-)

Hovercraft can cross land. Airboats can cross swamp - but on dry land
they are pretty well useless

Might want to check your facts : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PTaTTkXus

Cousin Airboat Captain Swamp Billy

see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJLGEyoEXPQ at about the 1
minurte mark.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 13:51:17 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 16:44:01 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:05:40 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 08:55:27 -0500, Meanie wrote:

You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

See the ads. Never used or have a need so far. The ads show them on
an airboat in the Everglades, on water only. Airboats can also cross
land -- show me that ad. :-)

Hovercraft can cross land. Airboats can cross swamp - but on dry land
they are pretty well useless

Might want to check your facts : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PTaTTkXus

Cousin Airboat Captain Swamp Billy

With enough beer (and horsepower) I guess anything is possible. The
average airboat hull of a few years ago would be a leaky mess after an
hour or so of the treatment that guy is dishing out.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 14:24:21 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 13:51:17 -0800, Oren wrote:

Hovercraft can cross land. Airboats can cross swamp - but on dry land
they are pretty well useless

Might want to check your facts : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PTaTTkXus

Cousin Airboat Captain Swamp Billy

They have improved grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtFRwRWsfJs

Back in the day they were just a big block caddy engine with a wooden
plane prop ~ 150 MPH.

Or an old clapped out air-knocker, or a C85 Conti - or if you were
really hauling ass, a 6 cyl Franklin. with a shortened second world
war or korean war surplus prop..
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 9:40:16 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 13:51:17 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 16:44:01 -0500, wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 12:05:40 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 08:55:27 -0500, Meanie wrote:

You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

See the ads. Never used or have a need so far. The ads show them on
an airboat in the Everglades, on water only. Airboats can also cross
land -- show me that ad. :-)

Hovercraft can cross land. Airboats can cross swamp - but on dry land
they are pretty well useless

Might want to check your facts : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_PTaTTkXus

Cousin Airboat Captain Swamp Billy

see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJLGEyoEXPQ at about the 1
minurte mark.

Obviously not a very good redneck. He spilled his beer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 8:55:46 AM UTC-5, Meanie wrote:
You've seen it on TV and other ads, but has anyone ever tried the stuff?
What's your input?

https://www.getflexseal.com/

i have always wondered if you could coat a shingle roof for a emergency repair. i wonder if anyone has ever tried that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I tossed my roofer a can. He tossed it back. I would think it would help.

Flex-Seal As Seen On TV Chuck[_15_] Home Repair 25 November 29th 11 05:48 PM
Flex Seal? Curt M. Home Repair 6 August 27th 11 10:28 PM
Bulb Seal/Bubble Seal/O-Seal John Whitworth[_5_] UK diy 3 July 24th 11 02:33 PM
Wire Flex or Aluminum Flex for Heater Duct Tube Audio Home Repair 0 May 28th 08 05:19 PM
short runs of flex hose vs hvac aluminum flex vs pvc pipe for DC ductwork [email protected] Woodworking 4 December 15th 04 03:43 AM