Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT - Would You Buy A Brake Caliper From An Electronics Vendor?

For those that are not familiar with newegg.com, they are a well known
source for computer parts, accessories and other electronics.

I need to replace the brake calipers on SWMBO's car so I DAGS for the part
number was surprised to see a hit from newegg. I did not know that they
carried automotive repair parts. I clicked the link to check out the price.

Maybe I should have bought the part on Cyber Monday.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA5BT3GB1857
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 12/2/2016 8:48 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
For those that are not familiar with newegg.com, they are a well known
source for computer parts, accessories and other electronics.

I need to replace the brake calipers on SWMBO's car so I DAGS for the part
number was surprised to see a hit from newegg. I did not know that they
carried automotive repair parts. I clicked the link to check out the price.

Maybe I should have bought the part on Cyber Monday.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA5BT3GB1857

Why DAGS? I find the cheapest best fastest car parts by using WTDS...and their CRI is phenomenal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 05:48:20 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

For those that are not familiar with newegg.com, they are a well known
source for computer parts, accessories and other electronics.

I need to replace the brake calipers on SWMBO's car so I DAGS for the part
number was surprised to see a hit from newegg. I did not know that they
carried automotive repair parts. I clicked the link to check out the price.

Maybe I should have bought the part on Cyber Monday.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA5BT3GB1857

It looks like they are just competing with Amazon by brokering things
from 3d party sellers.
Your part is really coming from these guys
https://www.stockwiseauto.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

For those that are not familiar with newegg.com, they are a well known
source for computer parts, accessories and other electronics.

I need to replace the brake calipers on SWMBO's car so I DAGS for the part
number was surprised to see a hit from newegg. I did not know that they
carried automotive repair parts. I clicked the link to check out the price.

Maybe I should have bought the part on Cyber Monday.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA5BT3GB1857

It looks like they are just competing with Amazon by brokering things
from 3d party sellers.
Your part is really coming from these guys
https://www.stockwiseauto.com/

A brake caliper for $15,310! Is it a replacement part for a space
shuttle?

And that's after a discount of almost $4K!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

For those that are not familiar with newegg.com, they are a well known
source for computer parts, accessories and other electronics.

I need to replace the brake calipers on SWMBO's car so I DAGS for the part
number was surprised to see a hit from newegg. I did not know that they
carried automotive repair parts. I clicked the link to check out the price.

Maybe I should have bought the part on Cyber Monday.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA5BT3GB1857

It looks like they are just competing with Amazon by brokering things
from 3d party sellers.
Your part is really coming from these guys
https://www.stockwiseauto.com/

A brake caliper for $15,310! Is it a replacement part for a space
shuttle?

And that's after a discount of almost $4K!

I'll take four....... ;-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

For those that are not familiar with newegg.com, they are a well known
source for computer parts, accessories and other electronics.

I need to replace the brake calipers on SWMBO's car so I DAGS for the part
number was surprised to see a hit from newegg. I did not know that they
carried automotive repair parts. I clicked the link to check out the price.

Maybe I should have bought the part on Cyber Monday.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA5BT3GB1857

It looks like they are just competing with Amazon by brokering things
from 3d party sellers.
Your part is really coming from these guys
https://www.stockwiseauto.com/

It's tough to be competitive when you up-charge the original vendor
by 20,739%.

https://www.stockwiseauto.com/advanc...3922l238567461
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

For those that are not familiar with newegg.com, they are a well known
source for computer parts, accessories and other electronics.

I need to replace the brake calipers on SWMBO's car so I DAGS for the part
number was surprised to see a hit from newegg. I did not know that they
carried automotive repair parts. I clicked the link to check out the price.

Maybe I should have bought the part on Cyber Monday.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA5BT3GB1857

It looks like they are just competing with Amazon by brokering things
from 3d party sellers.
Your part is really coming from these guys
https://www.stockwiseauto.com/

A brake caliper for $15,310! Is it a replacement part for a space
shuttle?

And that's after a discount of almost $4K!

I'll take four....... ;-)

I just put the full set of calipers in my cart. ~$42K Total.

Keep in mind: These are loaded calipers, so the pads are included. Just
sayin'

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Seriously, why do you need new calipers? Are they rusted and frozen
or leaking or what? Couldn't you rebuild them fairly easily?
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Rusted but no longer frozen. Left rear was hung up and dragging.
I PB-Blasted it and exercised it 3-4 times and it seems OK - for now.

Odds are it will last until mid-February when the temps will be in the
teens with winds around 50 knots and 16" of snow on the ground. Repairs
are done outside and doing repairs in those conditions really, really
sucks. BTDT

It needs pads anyway and for ~$75 each side I can get loaded calipers (pads,
all new hardware, brackets, etc.) Basically Plug & Play. BTDT too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 09:09:31 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Seriously, why do you need new calipers? Are they rusted and frozen
or leaking or what? Couldn't you rebuild them fairly easily?

Rusted but no longer frozen. Left rear was hung up and dragging.
I PB-Blasted it and exercised it 3-4 times and it seems OK - for now.

Is this PB blasting? http://amzn.to/2ghjixM I have not seen that term
previously.

Odds are it will last until mid-February when the temps will be in the
teens with winds around 50 knots and 16" of snow on the ground. Repairs
are done outside and doing repairs in those conditions really, really
sucks. BTDT

That made me shudder.....

It needs pads anyway and for ~$75 each side I can get loaded calipers (pads,
all new hardware, brackets, etc.) Basically Plug & Play. BTDT too.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Seriously, why do you need new calipers? Are they rusted and frozen
or leaking or what? Couldn't you rebuild them fairly easily?

Rusted but no longer frozen. Left rear was hung up and dragging.
I PB-Blasted it and exercised it 3-4 times and it seems OK - for now.

Is this PB blasting? http://amzn.to/2ghjixM I have not seen that term
previously.

That be the stuff. There are other brands of penetrating catalysts, but PB Blaster has worked for me on many occasions, including this one.

Odds are it will last until mid-February when the temps will be in the
teens with winds around 50 knots and 16" of snow on the ground. Repairs
are done outside and doing repairs in those conditions really, really
sucks. BTDT

That made me shudder.....

http://fotodeck.com/system/images/4d...car_repair.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Seriously, why do you need new calipers? Are they rusted and frozen
or leaking or what? Couldn't you rebuild them fairly easily?

Rusted but no longer frozen. Left rear was hung up and dragging.
I PB-Blasted it and exercised it 3-4 times and it seems OK - for now.

Is this PB blasting? http://amzn.to/2ghjixM I have not seen that term
previously.

That be the stuff. There are other brands of penetrating catalysts, but PB Blaster has worked for me on many occasions, including this one.

Odds are it will last until mid-February when the temps will be in the
teens with winds around 50 knots and 16" of snow on the ground. Repairs
are done outside and doing repairs in those conditions really, really
sucks. BTDT

That made me shudder.....

http://fotodeck.com/system/images/4d...car_repair.jpg

Interesting. In the area I currently live, corrosion isn't a very big
issue and I haven't dealt with it very much for many years. Which is
nice as the life and total cost of ownership of vehicles can be much
better.

Wood rot, insect damage and wildfires are far more prevalent then
rust. However, I am not trying to change the topic
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bill posted for all of us...

On 12/2/2016 8:48 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
For those that are not familiar with newegg.com, they are a well known
source for computer parts, accessories and other electronics.

I need to replace the brake calipers on SWMBO's car so I DAGS for the part
number was surprised to see a hit from newegg. I did not know that they
carried automotive repair parts. I clicked the link to check out the price.

Maybe I should have bought the part on Cyber Monday.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA5BT3GB1857

Why DAGS? I find the cheapest best fastest car parts by using WTDS...and their CRI is phenomenal.

What is WTDS?

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

wrote:

[...]

So you don't have bribe them with beer to mount themselves?

--
Tekkie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 16:33:45 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

I just put the full set of calipers in my cart. ~$42K Total.

Keep in mind: These are loaded calipers, so the pads are included. Just
sayin'

So you don't have bribe them with beer to mount themselves?

.... but for the cost, you still pay shipping charges.

Forklift leaking brake fluid from right brake drum Ignoramus18836 Metalworking 47 November 6th 11 11:26 PM
VFD vendor? Winston Metalworking 25 May 24th 09 05:07 PM
buy electronics, sell electronics , auction electronics new, used electronics marketplace rHnI electronics2 Electronics Repair 1 April 2nd 07 10:31 PM
Finger brake vs. press brake Bob Engelhardt Metalworking 12 May 28th 06 04:29 PM
vendor query lgb Woodworking 5 March 29th 05 12:36 AM