Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default OT - Would You Buy A Brake Caliper From An Electronics Vendor?

On Fri, 2 Dec 2016 09:09:31 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03
wrote:

Seriously, why do you need new calipers? Are they rusted and frozen
or leaking or what? Couldn't you rebuild them fairly easily?

Rusted but no longer frozen. Left rear was hung up and dragging.
I PB-Blasted it and exercised it 3-4 times and it seems OK - for now.

Is this PB blasting? http://amzn.to/2ghjixM I have not seen that term
previously.

Odds are it will last until mid-February when the temps will be in the
teens with winds around 50 knots and 16" of snow on the ground. Repairs
are done outside and doing repairs in those conditions really, really
sucks. BTDT

That made me shudder.....

It needs pads anyway and for ~$75 each side I can get loaded calipers (pads,
all new hardware, brackets, etc.) Basically Plug & Play. BTDT too.