Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) Pants length for men

On 11/15/2016 9:11 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/15/2016 09:13 AM, Muggles wrote:
Just to clarify, make sure the fusing tape is between the folded hem.

Dammit you spoiled all the fun. I was waiting for the cow to bleat a
question about how to get the fusing tape off Mrs. Cow's iron before she
makes a steer out of him.

LOL Well ... in all fairness, I didn't want to leave out that detail
thinking that it was obvious and then have him have to deal with Mrs.
Cow's messed up iron.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/15/2016 9:15 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/15/2016 09:43 AM, Muggles wrote:
Yeah ... I've got one of those, plus a ruffler. Now that ruffler is as
cool a tool as it gets when it comes to sewing!

Er, a ruffler makes ruffles? Lot of call for those these days other than
the ones that come in a bag? How about a furbelow or two? I knew a woman
who made pubic hair wigs for the strippers in Boston's Combat Zone. I
guess you could call them furbelows...

HAHA!! When you raise daughters, a ruffler comes in handy!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 23:46:31 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On 11/15/2016 9:11 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/15/2016 09:13 AM, Muggles wrote:
Just to clarify, make sure the fusing tape is between the folded hem.

Dammit you spoiled all the fun. I was waiting for the cow to bleat a
question about how to get the fusing tape off Mrs. Cow's iron before she
makes a steer out of him.

LOL Well ... in all fairness, I didn't want to leave out that detail
thinking that it was obvious and then have him have to deal with Mrs.
Cow's messed up iron.

Look at the bright side, then he will have his own iron and his wife
will have a new one.
It is a great tool for making seams in poly tarps
Lay down a bead with a hot glue gun, lay down the second layer of tarp
and iron it in. (same process you use on the cuff)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-11-15, Tekkie® wrote:

your jeans will double in price.

They did that 35 yrs ago when my daughter discovered Guest
jeans. Where the Hell you been?

"We got high-school kids running 'round in Calvin Klein and Guess
who cannot pass a sixth-grade reading test
but if you ask them, they can tell you
the name of every crotch on mTV
and it feels like I am living in the wasteland of the free"

'Wasteland of the Free' Iris DeMent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJK7WXhAsyg

She wrote the song in 1996; 20 years later after 16 years of Democrats
and 8 of Republicans it hasn't aged a bit.

This version sounds like it was done in a recording studio and is much easier to listen to because you can make out all the words. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYqDpL0YCvI

[8~{} Uncle Music Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

Moe DeLoughan posted for all of us...

I read this entire damn thread, and I can't believe anyone already
gave you the obvious, easiest solution. Sheesh, we learned this one in
our combined Home Ec/Shop classes back in the 70s.

They're work pants, right? You aren't going anywhere nice in them. So
fine - get your stapler, load it with some heavier-duty staples, and
staple that hem. Works great, holds up through washing. Staples get
rusty, but you won't care. Any break loose, just grab the stapler and
hit it again. Easier than fussing with adhesive hem tape, and a lot
cheaper than hiring someone to hem them for you.

Also works for broken zippers at work... DAMHIKT

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/16/2016 12:15 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
This version sounds like it was done in a recording studio and is much easier to listen to because you can make out all the words. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYqDpL0YCvI

Yeah, that's the one off the CD. I saw her a few years ago but she
didn't do that one. it was just her and a piano and mostly new material.

Some Florida politician tried to cut funding for a public radio station
because they played songs with 'obscene' lyrics, namely Wasteland. Must
have been this verse;

"We got politicians running races on corporate cash
Now don't tell me they don't turn around and kiss them peoples' ass
You may call me old-fashioned
but that don't fit my picture of a true democracy
and it feels like I am living in the wasteland of the free"

Don't forget the song was way before Citizens United kicked the
corporate cash into high gear.

Take your pants down! Milan & Nenad Double Decker Home Repair 0 November 12th 07 02:43 PM
OT Work pants Gunner Metalworking 68 May 24th 05 04:38 AM
OT work pants -- how about these ones? G Henslee Home Repair 1 May 18th 05 09:58 AM