Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Motion Sensor - Solar - LED lights

I was at a campground where the outdoor restrooms have a solar panel on
the roof, wired to indoor LED lights, which operate with a motion
sensor, when someone enters the restroom. It was very practical and
provided a lot of light. The lights had 24 LEDs in each fixture. The
batteries were inside the lights, since I did not see any external ones.

I'm wondering if this was home-made, or do they sell setups like this?
Have any of you seen such a lighting setup sold anywhere?

I'd like to install thus sort of thing in a shed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Home Depot. Just searched but I don't know how to post the link from this tablet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 14:47:35 -0800 (PST), Thomas
wrote:

Home Depot. Just searched but I don't know how to post the link from this tablet.

Post the product model. Folks might post the HD link and then you can
then ask a valid question and not worry about the table until later.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Home Depot. Just searched but I don't know how to post the link from this tablet.

Post the product model. Folks might post the HD link and then you can
then ask a valid question and not worry about the table until later.

Easy to find. Just google product and home depot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Home Depot. Just searched but I don't know how to post the link from this tablet.

Post the product model. Folks might post the HD link and then you can
then ask a valid question and not worry about the table until later.

Easy to find. Just google product and home depot.

Sure. Who knows the product model number? OP can't post a "link" for
our use to look; nor, do we have a valid question about the product.

"my car won't start. How do I fix it" questions.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Home Depot. Just searched but I don't know how to post the link from this tablet.

Post the product model. Folks might post the HD link and then you can
then ask a valid question and not worry about the table until later.

Easy to find. Just google product and home depot.

I got the Home Depot part, but what is the product name? I know that
googling "solar light", I'll get 1000 pages of sidewalk lights.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Home Depot. Just searched but I don't know how to post the link from this tablet.

Post the product model. Folks might post the HD link and then you can
then ask a valid question and not worry about the table until later.

Looked up Solar powered LED.
Should I post the thousand model numbers? Let's start with #56Ac478LED169-1
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harobor Freight, was: Motion Sensor - Solar - LED lights

[sniiiiippp]

The local Harbor Freight has units designed for
outdoor use that could be adapted for indoor as well.

There's a roughly 10 inch square solr panel which
feeds into a (again roughly) 5 foot wire that
plugs into the LED light/batter/motion detector
panel.

Trivial to run the wire (mini phono plugs)
each end from the solar panel you'd mount
outside to wherever you'd place the LEDs.
And you could add an extension if needed.

Price, depending on the output and,
of course, the HF sales.. ranges from
about $25 to $50.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 08:04:22 -0500, Art Todesco
wrote:

On 11/6/2016 3:19 PM, wrote:
I was at a campground where the outdoor restrooms have a solar panel on
the roof, wired to indoor LED lights, which operate with a motion
sensor, when someone enters the restroom. It was very practical and
provided a lot of light. The lights had 24 LEDs in each fixture. The
batteries were inside the lights, since I did not see any external ones.

I'm wondering if this was home-made, or do they sell setups like this?
Have any of you seen such a lighting setup sold anywhere?

I'd like to install thus sort of thing in a shed.

Here's one I was looking at on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0177FWSNM/
I haven't yet bought one (or 2).

This one on Amazon is worthless to light the inside of a building. The
solar panel is PART of the light. It needs to be a 2 piece unit with a
wire in between the solar panel and the light itself.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, November 7, 2016 at 10:54:19 AM UTC-5, danny burstein wrote:

There's a roughly 10 inch square solr panel which
feeds into a (again roughly) 5 foot wire that
plugs into the LED light/batter/motion detector
panel.

Trivial to run the wire (mini phono plugs)
each end from the solar panel you'd mount
outside to wherever you'd place the LEDs.
And you could add an extension if needed.

No, no.

Mount them BOTH inside.

Use an external lightsource to charge the batteries once.

From then on, every time the lights come on they will hit the solar panel and recharge the batteries.

Problem solved.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, November 6, 2016 at 3:20:34 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I was at a campground where the outdoor restrooms have a solar panel on
the roof, wired to indoor LED lights, which operate with a motion
sensor, when someone enters the restroom. It was very practical and
provided a lot of light. The lights had 24 LEDs in each fixture. The
batteries were inside the lights, since I did not see any external ones.

I'm wondering if this was home-made, or do they sell setups like this?
Have any of you seen such a lighting setup sold anywhere?

I'd like to install thus sort of thing in a shed.

BTW you need to connect external solar panel to motion sensor LED light you want to install inside.
The infomercial unit is for mounting outside.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 07 Nov 2016 13:37:05 -0600,
wrote:

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 08:04:22 -0500, Art Todesco
wrote:

On 11/6/2016 3:19 PM,
wrote:
I was at a campground where the outdoor restrooms have a solar panel on
the roof, wired to indoor LED lights, which operate with a motion
sensor, when someone enters the restroom. It was very practical and
provided a lot of light. The lights had 24 LEDs in each fixture. The
batteries were inside the lights, since I did not see any external ones.

I'm wondering if this was home-made, or do they sell setups like this?
Have any of you seen such a lighting setup sold anywhere?

I'd like to install thus sort of thing in a shed.

Here's one I was looking at on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0177FWSNM/
I haven't yet bought one (or 2).

This one on Amazon is worthless to light the inside of a building. The
solar panel is PART of the light.

Just get rid of your ceiling.

It needs to be a 2 piece unit with a
wire in between the solar panel and the light itself.

Today for the first time I saw solar powered parking meters. They all
faced north so the cells could face south. They took credit cards too.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Home Depot. Just searched but I don't know how to post the link from this tablet.

Post the product model. Folks might post the HD link and then you can
then ask a valid question and not worry about the table until later.

Easy to find. Just google product and home depot.

I found these and they look like what I want.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...tt=solar+light