Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house
david

Default need help with motion sensor

have an existing motion sensor light controlled by a switch. Today,
i installed a second motion sensor light in parallel with the first so
that both are controlled by the single switch.

The switch is supposed to be in the "ON" position and the idea was that

either or both motion sensors would illuminate once motion is detected.

However i cannot get the new motion sensor light to come on. I do
have current to the motion sensor as detected by my tester.

I cannot even get it come on even when i bypass the sensor.

Switch --------junction box (All black wires connected together, All
white wires connected together, All ground connected
together)-------First motion sensor
|___Second

Motion sensor

Any ideas.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
Rich Greenberg

In article .com,
david wrote:
have an existing motion sensor light controlled by a switch. Today,
i installed a second motion sensor light in parallel with the first so
that both are controlled by the single switch.

The switch is supposed to be in the "ON" position and the idea was that

either or both motion sensors would illuminate once motion is detected.

However i cannot get the new motion sensor light to come on. I do
have current to the motion sensor as detected by my tester.

I cannot even get it come on even when i bypass the sensor.

New light or its motion detector is defective. Or wired incorrectly.

Posted to misc.consumers.house
david

thank it was a defective motion sensor. I did buy a replacement and it
worked.
thanks

Posted to misc.consumers.house
david

Thanks Rich, it turned out to be the unit