Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How To Pull A Fence Post

This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts with the items he had on hand. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle Post Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 Nov 2016 18:08:15 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts with the items he had on hand. ?(•?•)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle Post Monster

I was expecting a bumper or Hi-Lift jack to be used.

Isn't America great...the post didn't break off.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts with the items he had on hand. ?(€¢?€¢)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle Post Monster

I was expecting a bumper or Hi-Lift jack to be used.

Isn't America great...the post didn't break off.

The guy used simple physics. I'm sure a more refined device that uses the same principles could be built out of junk but he just grabbed what he had(no pun) to get the job done. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Grabby Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 5 Nov 2016 18:08:15 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

/

Basically how I pulled the pussy willow nstump - but I used a truck
wheel with no tire amd a Vauxhaul Firenza. (30+ years ago)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts with the items he had on hand. ?(€¢?€¢)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle Post Monster

I was expecting a bumper or Hi-Lift jack to be used.

Isn't America great...the post didn't break off.

The guy used simple physics. I'm sure a more refined device that uses the same principles could be built out of junk but he just grabbed what he had(no pun) to get the job done. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Grabby Monster

I'm guessing that wouldn't work if the post was set in concrete?

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts with the items he had on hand. ?(•?•)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle Post Monster

I was expecting a bumper or Hi-Lift jack to be used.

Isn't America great...the post didn't break off.

The guy used simple physics. I'm sure a more refined device that uses the same principles could be built out of junk but he just grabbed what he had(no pun) to get the job done. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Grabby Monster

I'm guessing that wouldn't work if the post was set in concrete?

I don't know, it made short work of the tap root on the willow. I
had dug down and cut off quite a bit of the radials - when I hit it
with thw little vauxhall it jumped out of the ground on about the
third hit. The root ball was about 2 feet across and over 2 feet deep
- mabee 200 lbs?. A good friend of mine had a cedar hedge to remove -
his son-in-law had cut the hedge to abour 2 feet from the ground - the
trunks were about 4 inches - he used the same trick but with a Chevy
Silverado - he said they just popped out of the ground. He was using a
transport truck rim.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Sounds like a lot of work!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts with the items he had on hand. ?(€¢?€¢)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle Post Monster

I was expecting a bumper or Hi-Lift jack to be used.

Isn't America great...the post didn't break off.

The old style bumper jack did a great job but you have to be over
40-50 to have ever seen one. They stopped putting them in new cars in
the 70s.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts with the items he had on hand. ?(€¢?€¢)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle Post Monster

I was expecting a bumper or Hi-Lift jack to be used.

Isn't America great...the post didn't break off.

The guy used simple physics. I'm sure a more refined device that uses the same principles could be built out of junk but he just grabbed what he had(no pun) to get the job done. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Grabby Monster

I'm guessing that wouldn't work if the post was set in concrete?

I just had to put in a new mail box. Old one was metal post in concrete
and had rusted through and broken. So now new box is a foot away from
old. No way to pull concrete.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.support.depression

On 11/5/2016 6:08 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts with the items he had on hand. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle "Post-Smoking" Monster

Wot's that about you pullin' yer poast, little feller??
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.support.depression

On 11/6/2016 4:58 AM, David wrote:

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 11/5/2016 6:08 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts with the
items he had on hand. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle "Post-Smoking" Monster

Wot's that about you pullin' yer poast, little feller??
LOL

I'd get it.

You'll get it alright... up yer ass!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 6 Nov 2016 05:55:48 -0800 (PST)
"Mr. Smartypants Royal Order Of The DoW #4"
wrote:

On Sunday, November 6, 2016 at 5:40:42 AM UTC-7, Colonel Edmund J.
Burke wrote:
On 11/5/2016 6:08 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts
with the items he had on hand. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle "Post-Smoking" Monster

Wot's that about you pullin' yer poast, little feller??
LOL

A REAL man wraps about 10 wraps of primacord around the post at
ground level and sets it off with a No.8 cap and a foot of 8 second
fuse. Repeat as needed for remaining posts.

Fukin' trucks, chains, tires, and wiggling the post by hand are for
pussies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/5/2016 9:08 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts with the items he had on hand. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle Post Monster

Cool idea but seems like it might be rough on the transmission/drive train.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts with
the items he had on hand. ?(€¢?€¢)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle Post Monster

I was expecting a bumper or Hi-Lift jack to be used.

Isn't America great...the post didn't break off.

The guy used simple physics. I'm sure a more refined device that uses
the same principles could be built out of junk but he just grabbed
what he had(no pun) to get the job done. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Grabby Monster

I'm guessing that wouldn't work if the post was set in concrete?

I just had to put in a new mail box. Old one was metal post in concrete
and had rusted through and broken. So now new box is a foot away from
old. No way to pull concrete.

A time or two in the past we've managed to wriggle out a post set in
concrete, but it wasn't easy!

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.driving,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.support.depression

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 11/6/2016 5:05 AM, David wrote:

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 11/6/2016 4:58 AM, David wrote:

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 11/5/2016 6:08 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts with the
items he had on hand. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle "Post-Smoking" Monster

Wot's that about you pullin' yer poast, little feller??
LOL

I'd get it.

You'll get it alright... up yer ass!

I'll get it.

Puto

thanksgiving is coming up

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts with
the items he had on hand. ?(€¢?€¢)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle Post Monster

I was expecting a bumper or Hi-Lift jack to be used.

Isn't America great...the post didn't break off.

The guy used simple physics. I'm sure a more refined device that uses
the same principles could be built out of junk but he just grabbed
what he had(no pun) to get the job done. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Grabby Monster

I'm guessing that wouldn't work if the post was set in concrete?

I just had to put in a new mail box. Old one was metal post in concrete
and had rusted through and broken. So now new box is a foot away from
old. No way to pull concrete.

A time or two in the past we've managed to wriggle out a post set in
concrete, but it wasn't easy!

You usually have to dig a concrete post hole out. (at least far enough
to get a chain around the concrete)
If you want to do the "tire" thing, you can just use an "A" frame made
from two 2x4s.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts with the items he had on hand. ?(€¢?€¢)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle Post Monster

I was expecting a bumper or Hi-Lift jack to be used.

Isn't America great...the post didn't break off.

The old style bumper jack did a great job but you have to be over
40-50 to have ever seen one. They stopped putting them in new cars in
the 70s.

Handyman or high lift jacks are pretty common in rural areas. I
don't know how
many I've had over the years. The up/down mechanism always seems to
stick, especially
the down part. WD 40 helps.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

The posts we had to get up were in the back yard and the only way to get
them out was to dig and wiggle to loosen the concrete until it was loose
enough to pull it out.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I have had tremendous success pulling concrete set metal posts using a
hydraulic floor jack set across two concrete blocks and an old, large,
forged steel pipe wrench.

I soak the ground around the post with water, let it set for twenty
minutes and the jack will usually lift the post out, slick as snot.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts with the items he had on hand. ?(•?•)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle Post Monster

I was expecting a bumper or Hi-Lift jack to be used.

Isn't America great...the post didn't break off.

The old style bumper jack did a great job but you have to be over
40-50 to have ever seen one. They stopped putting them in new cars in
the 70s.

Handyman or high lift jacks are pretty common in rural areas. I
don't know how
many I've had over the years. The up/down mechanism always seems to
stick, especially
the down part. WD 40 helps.

I've pinched my fingers a few times working a High-Lift jack. Seems
the springs are to weak or the pins need to have a rounded end instead
of being straight, don't know.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

A lot less work than digging the suckers out!!!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

This fellow came up with an ingenious way to pull fence posts with
the items he had on hand. ?(•?•)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcskAyeCE1A

[8~{} Uncle Post Monster

I was expecting a bumper or Hi-Lift jack to be used.

Isn't America great...the post didn't break off.

The guy used simple physics. I'm sure a more refined device that uses
the same principles could be built out of junk but he just grabbed
what he had(no pun) to get the job done. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle Grabby Monster

I'm guessing that wouldn't work if the post was set in concrete?

I just had to put in a new mail box. Old one was metal post in concrete
and had rusted through and broken. So now new box is a foot away from
old. No way to pull concrete.

A time or two in the past we've managed to wriggle out a post set in
concrete, but it wasn't easy!

you need to dig down about a foot all the wat around and tight wrap a
chain around it, then either run the chain over a wheel or over an a
frame and pull with a truck, or use a block and tackle on a log
tripod, or a backhoe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/6/2016 5:31 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 5 Nov 2016 22:49:51 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

If we ever have to dig up another post like that, I hope we can use that
method. We couldn't have gotten a vehicle in the back yard, anyway, to
pull up the other posts set in concrete.

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Great idea as long as we can get a vehicle close to the post that has to
come out. Is there another way of doing that if you don't have the
tugging power of horsepower?

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Nov 2016 18:31:51 -0500, wrote:

Sounds like a lot of work!

A lot less work than digging the suckers out!!!

I do even less work, I chain them to my farm tractor and rip them out...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/16 12:25 AM, Muggles wrote:

Great idea as long as we can get a vehicle close to the post that has to
come out. Is there another way of doing that if you don't have the
tugging power of horsepower?

Hi Lift makes this thing:
http://www.hi-lift.com/post-popper/p...r-popup-3.html

An old rim and an old fence post might accomplish the same thing.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Use a Sky Hook

They are in the same aisle as the Left Handed Smoke Shifters.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Use a tripod and a block and tackle - like the old "stup pullers" of
ages past. Some of them used a jack screw - turned by a lever and
horse for really BIG stumps.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 05:43:48 -0600, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

-

We had something similar on the farm for pullinf iron T-Bar fence
posts. Didn't need a chain for them - just had a clamp on the end.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2016 11:12 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 00:25:23 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Sounds like a good alternative.

--
Maggie

Digging fence post holes - auger or "post hole digger"? unknown[_3_] UK diy 32 April 28th 18 12:58 AM
Fence Post Repair. Fencemender, E-Z Mender, Post Buddy, or other? sms Home Repair 2 April 26th 15 06:04 PM
Fence Post crmay Home Repair 11 May 27th 06 01:37 AM
fence expansion causiing trim to pull off Chris Carruth Woodworking 0 May 6th 06 05:17 AM
URGENT ADVISE NEEDED: Do I pull out the post? miamicuse Home Repair 8 May 24th 05 03:50 PM