Posted to rec.woodworking
Chris Carruth

Default fence expansion causiing trim to pull off

Put up panel gate (japanese gate) made from cedar, stained with water proof
sealer. Looks great.

Problem is that the panel expanded (duh) and pulled away from the gate fram
(iron pieces with 2x4 cedar). I can fix the expansion problem by sawing the
panel into strips and attaching then individually, but close together so
effect is very close to panel look.

BUT I also have some cross pieces of cedar that are meant to go at the top
and botton of the fence as trim, stained to match the posts. How do I attach
these to the slats without having the same problem - either the slats
expanding or the cross pieces expanding?

I know the typical fixes for furnture, but this is a gate and typical does
not work..

Need help with the Excalibur sliding table. max Woodworking 6 April 15th 05 05:48 PM
Making Trim? Bob S. Woodworking 0 September 5th 03 10:05 PM
Is there a machine to paint trim/baseboard ? Die Spammer !!!!! Woodworking 20 July 26th 03 02:35 PM
Is there a machine to paint trim/baseboard ? Mark & Shauna Home Repair 20 July 26th 03 02:35 PM
Is there a machine to paint trim/baseboard ? Mark & Shauna Home Ownership 10 July 26th 03 02:35 PM