Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Blood pressure follow up

A few weeks back I got great advice from some of the folks here who have
higher blood pressure.

I am happy to say that within a few days, 5mg of Amlodipine has done the
job quite well and with no side effects.

One of my friends also was given such a prescription ten years ago but
the idiot decided he did not need the meds. In that time he's had a
stroke and a heart attack.

Guess his PHD didn't do much good... sheesh

Psychologist of course
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/5/2016 10:51 AM, philo wrote:
A few weeks back I got great advice from some of the folks here who have
higher blood pressure.

I am happy to say that within a few days, 5mg of Amlodipine has done the
job quite well and with no side effects.

One of my friends also was given such a prescription ten years ago but
the idiot decided he did not need the meds. In that time he's had a
stroke and a heart attack.

Guess his PHD didn't do much good... sheesh

Psychologist of course

I just got scripted for 2.5 mg Amlodipine in addition to the water pill
and lisinopril I have been taking and it is working quite nicely after
only 2 days.

People should question doctors advice but generally pay attention to it.
I know a friend like yours that refused to take BP meds. He was in
great shape at age 82 but now is in assisted living after a stroke a few
years ago.

Another with arrhythmia refused to take Coumadin and is now under
ground. He was only 64.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/05/2016 11:07 AM, Frank wrote:

snip

I just got scripted for 2.5 mg Amlodipine in addition to the water pill
and lisinopril I have been taking and it is working quite nicely after
only 2 days.

People should question doctors advice but generally pay attention to it.
I know a friend like yours that refused to take BP meds. He was in
great shape at age 82 but now is in assisted living after a stroke a few
years ago.

Another with arrhythmia refused to take Coumadin and is now under
ground. He was only 64.

Since my BP was pretty high my doctor recommended 5mg but I asked him to
start out with 2.5mg

After six days I increased to to 5mg as the smaller dose did not quite
reduce it enough.

All seems pretty good and I am also watching my sodium intake plus to
lose weight reducing carbs and talking walks of 1 - 4 miles six days a week.

I've now lost six pounds and do not have to put my belt on it's
"fattest" setting. If I can lose another six pounds I'll be back to
where I was 25 years ago.

OT Blood pressure philo Home Repair 91 October 21st 16 08:31 AM
Many men suffer from High Blood Pressure [email protected] Home Repair 4 September 6th 13 05:27 AM
Lower your blood pressure Charles Schuler Home Repair 0 February 23rd 07 12:28 AM
OT- Blood pressure monitors? Gunner Metalworking 39 June 13th 04 04:39 AM