Ian

Default GE wall oven error

I have a double electric self cleaning GE wall oven (Model
JKP47G0k4BG). The top oven works fine. Every time I use the lower
oven after a few minutes The display flashes 4 Es (EEEE). Any ideas
what could be wrong?

I have the instruction sheet that came with the oven. None of the
error messages on the sheet is EEEE. There is a test procedure that
requires locating a 2 pin diagnostic plug (which I found). Then it
says "Insert jumper in female hald to smart board." I have no idea
what that means. Again, any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Ian

just to follow up, I (or more importantly my wife) can use the lower
oven as long as the bake temperature is set below 350. Once it is
set higher I get the error. Is there any way to test the
thermocouple? or does this indicate a different problem?

Again, thanks for the suggestions so far!
Dan O.

Ian wrote

I have a double electric self cleaning GE wall oven
(Model JKP47G0K4BG). he top oven works fine.
Every time I use the lower oven after a few minutes
the display flashes 4 Es (EEEE).

just to follow up, I (or more importantly my wife) can
use the lower oven as long as the bake temperature
is set below 350. Once it is set higher I get the error.

By set you mean as soon as you change the temperature to above that
the error occurs? Or just after in operation a while?

Is there any way to test the thermocouple?

I assume you mean the oven "sensor"? The oven sensor used on your
model should be about 15-16 ohms when at room temperature and around
29-33 ohms at 350°F.

GE Oven JKP47G0K4BG Oven Sensor
http://ng.appliance411.com/data.php?rc=252164

or does this indicate a different problem?

If the error occurs right away without the oven even being on yet, I
would tend to think the problem may be in the electronic control
rather than the sensor. The sensor should function the same no matter
that the control is set to, it just changes resistance as the actual
temperature does.

BTW. The electronic controls on that model are part # WB27X5465 but
appear to be no longer available.

Dan O.
-
Appliance411.com
http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=+GE+oven

=Ð~~~~~~

Ian

"Dan O." wrote in message

By set you mean as soon as you change the temperature to above that
the error occurs? Or just after in operation a while?

After the oven temp is set and turned on and in operation for a while
I get the error. The other day when the top oven was on the botom
oven would not go on or if it came on it shut off after a few minutes.