frank

Default GE wall oven error

On 3 Apr 2004 13:48:54 -0800, (Ian) wrote:

I have a double electric self cleaning GE wall oven (Model
JKP47G0k4BG). The top oven works fine. Every time I use the lower
oven after a few minutes The display flashes 4 Es (EEEE). Any ideas
what could be wrong?

I have the instruction sheet that came with the oven. None of the
error messages on the sheet is EEEE. There is a test procedure that
requires locating a 2 pin diagnostic plug (which I found). Then it
says "Insert jumper in female hald to smart board." I have no idea
what that means. Again, any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

On my GE oven, I also had some code pop up which prevented me from
using it. In my case all it was, was dirty connections (smoke gets
into them). May be worth your while to detach front panel,
disconnect, clean and reconnect all wired connections and see if that
does the trick. In my case (twice) that worked for me. BTW, I don't
recall my code but my guess was something like F777 (unsure tho).