Ninip

Default greasey new laminate floors

Our installer was cleaning up a mess of levelling compound on our newly laid
laminate floor. He asked me for some cooking oil and then went down to the
basement floor and started cleaning. I did not see him using it. When he
went home I checked the floor out and there is a greasy film on our floor
over one third of it. I tried washing with a damp mop and it is just
smearing. I tried using a damp mop and a commercial laminate floor cleaner
and it still did not do the job. Where he did not use the oil the floor
looks nice. How do I get this mess cleaned up. Please help I am stressing
over this

--
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.

Joseph Meehan

Ninip wrote:
Our installer was cleaning up a mess of levelling compound on our
newly laid laminate floor. He asked me for some cooking oil and then
went down to the basement floor and started cleaning. I did not see
him using it. When he went home I checked the floor out and there is
a greasy film on our floor over one third of it. I tried washing with
a damp mop and it is just smearing. I tried using a damp mop and a
commercial laminate floor cleaner and it still did not do the job.
Where he did not use the oil the floor looks nice. How do I get this
mess cleaned up. Please help I am stressing over this

I would call the installer back and have him take care of it. His job
is not done.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

SofaKing

Agreed. You have to phone the guy and let him know. You could try a TSP
solution. But I'd test it on some scrap flooring first. Laminate being
plastic it should not be a problem but always test first you never know.

"Ninip" wrote in message
news5lVb.432911$ts4.13411@pd7tw3no...
Our installer was cleaning up a mess of levelling compound on our newly

laid
laminate floor. He asked me for some cooking oil and then went down to the
basement floor and started cleaning. I did not see him using it. When he
went home I checked the floor out and there is a greasy film on our floor
over one third of it. I tried washing with a damp mop and it is just
smearing. I tried using a damp mop and a commercial laminate floor cleaner
and it still did not do the job. Where he did not use the oil the floor
looks nice. How do I get this mess cleaned up. Please help I am stressing
over this

--
The only thing worth stealing is a kiss from a sleeping child.

Sonny

"Ninip" wrote in message news
Our installer was cleaning up a mess of levelling compound on our newly

laid
laminate floor. He asked me for some cooking oil and then went down to the
basement floor and started cleaning. I did not see him using it. When he
went home I checked the floor out and there is a greasy film on our floor
over one third of it. I tried washing with a damp mop and it is just
smearing. I tried using a damp mop and a commercial laminate floor cleaner
and it still did not do the job. Where he did not use the oil the floor
looks nice. How do I get this mess cleaned up. Please help I am stressing
over this

Good grief, from what you wrote in other threads about this installer. You
really need to keep him out of your home. Mild soap and water should cut
cooking oil. I would hold back on payment until you find out how much it
will cost to get the job completed correctly. Hard telling what the floor
looks like. Sorry about your experience. I would venture to guess this
person doesn't install laminates for a living.

PJx

Agreed.

A mild hot soapy dishwater cleans up cooking oil for millions every
day so it should work just fine on your floors. Rinse and dry
throughly immediately after application.

PJ