Sonny

Default greasey new laminate floors

"Ninip" wrote in message news
Our installer was cleaning up a mess of levelling compound on our newly

laid
laminate floor. He asked me for some cooking oil and then went down to the
basement floor and started cleaning. I did not see him using it. When he
went home I checked the floor out and there is a greasy film on our floor
over one third of it. I tried washing with a damp mop and it is just
smearing. I tried using a damp mop and a commercial laminate floor cleaner
and it still did not do the job. Where he did not use the oil the floor
looks nice. How do I get this mess cleaned up. Please help I am stressing
over this

Good grief, from what you wrote in other threads about this installer. You
really need to keep him out of your home. Mild soap and water should cut
cooking oil. I would hold back on payment until you find out how much it
will cost to get the job completed correctly. Hard telling what the floor
looks like. Sorry about your experience. I would venture to guess this
person doesn't install laminates for a living.