Michael

Default Cleaning Creosote off Glass Fireplace Doors

Anyone have any good methods? I tried creosote cleaner,
but I still have to scrub with a green scouring pad to get the
junk off.

Thanks,

M.

Bob

Any kind of liquid cleaner. Spray it on and spread it around on
the glass. Let it set a few minutes. Rub it with a balled up
sheet of newspaper dampened with the cleaner and dipped into the
fireplace ash.

Bob

Michael wrote:
Anyone have any good methods? I tried creosote cleaner,
but I still have to scrub with a green scouring pad to get the
junk off.

Thanks,

M.

Mineral spirits would probably work - I used to use ms to remove tar.
Be sure, if you use mineral spirits, that all traces are gone before you
light a fire. I know you know better - just had to say it )

Doug Miller

In article , "Michael" wrote:
Anyone have any good methods? I tried creosote cleaner,
but I still have to scrub with a green scouring pad to get the
junk off.

Washing soda. Available in most grocery stores in the same section as laundry
detergent. Dissolve 1/4 cup in a quart of warm water. The goo will wipe off.

Dennis M. Straussfogel

For the glass on a wood-burning fireplace, the unbelievably simple
solution is to use the wood ash itself. Dip a wet paper towel in the ash,
rub it on the glass, dissolves the stuff in about five seconds. Wipe it
clean with another damp paper towel. Way easier/cheaper/eco-friendlier
than anything else I can think of. As I said, unbelievable.

D.

In article , "Michael"
wrote:

Anyone have any good methods? I tried creosote cleaner,
but I still have to scrub with a green scouring pad to get the
junk off.

Thanks,

M.

Dennis M. Straussfogel, Ph.D.
Aerospace Engineering Consultant
Larry

Single edge razor blade followed by windex wiped off with yesterday's
newspaper.

rosie

soap, water, and newspaper.

--
rosie
)

the main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the
bad
girls live.