Dennis M. Straussfogel

Default Cleaning Creosote off Glass Fireplace Doors

For the glass on a wood-burning fireplace, the unbelievably simple
solution is to use the wood ash itself. Dip a wet paper towel in the ash,
rub it on the glass, dissolves the stuff in about five seconds. Wipe it
clean with another damp paper towel. Way easier/cheaper/eco-friendlier
than anything else I can think of. As I said, unbelievable.

D.

In article , "Michael"
wrote:

Anyone have any good methods? I tried creosote cleaner,
but I still have to scrub with a green scouring pad to get the
junk off.

Thanks,

M.

Dennis M. Straussfogel, Ph.D.