Josh

Default Older Style Threshold Weatherstrip??

I installed a 36" aluminum threshold with a raised gray vinyl
weatherstrip at my front door about 15 years ago. After 7 years the
weatherstrip needed replacing so I found one that would fit exactly
and popped it in. Another 7 years has gone by and again I need to
replace the weatherstrip.

It appears that the design of the weatherstrip has changed since I
last purchased one. From the top they look the same but they no
longer have the little "feet" or lip on either side which snap into
the threshold channel. Instead, they curl inwards to fit into the
threshold, and that type won't fit in mine.

Is there a source which still sells the older style vinyl
weatherstips?
jim

Josh wrote:

I installed a 36" aluminum threshold with a raised gray vinyl
weatherstrip at my front door about 15 years ago. After 7 years the
weatherstrip needed replacing so I found one that would fit exactly
and popped it in. Another 7 years has gone by and again I need to
replace the weatherstrip.

It appears that the design of the weatherstrip has changed since I
last purchased one. From the top they look the same but they no
longer have the little "feet" or lip on either side which snap into
the threshold channel. Instead, they curl inwards to fit into the
threshold, and that type won't fit in mine.

Is there a source which still sells the older style vinyl
weatherstips?

if you cant find it at a local hardwares store then go to another.. in
my area it took about 6 different hardware/building supply places to
find the one i needed... (no i dont mean go to one home depot and then
to another.. if one does not have it then you will not find it at
another Home depot or other franchise type store......
Loose Cannon

These threshhold weatherstip devices are generally inexpensive. You could
easily waste more money in gasoline going from store to store than the cost
of a new threshhold weatherstrip.

Loose Cannon

These threshhold weatherstip devices are generally inexpensive. You could
easily waste more money in gasoline going from store to store than the cost
of a new threshhold weatherstrip.

Mike Dobony

"jim" wrote in message ...
Josh wrote:

[...]

I sometimes find perforated, self-adhesive drywall tape at Lowe's and
sometimes they have no slot for it at all. Same with their Stanley drywall
tub. When I have the money for it they don't have the tub. When I don't
have the money for it, they have it. One area Menards has some neat stuff,
and another area one may not have the same neat stuff. Sometimes they DO
have different products so it does not hurt to check out various branches of
the same chain store. I have 3 local Menards, 2 local Lowe's and 1 new Home
Depot. When on Menards does not have something special I am looking for one
of the others may. When I travel doing jobs I find new things at different
Menards and Lowe's. Just because one store doesn't have it doesn't mean the
other branch does not carry it either.

--
Mike D.

www.stopassaultnow.org