jim

Default Older Style Threshold Weatherstrip??

Josh wrote:

I installed a 36" aluminum threshold with a raised gray vinyl
weatherstrip at my front door about 15 years ago. After 7 years the
weatherstrip needed replacing so I found one that would fit exactly
and popped it in. Another 7 years has gone by and again I need to
replace the weatherstrip.

It appears that the design of the weatherstrip has changed since I
last purchased one. From the top they look the same but they no
longer have the little "feet" or lip on either side which snap into
the threshold channel. Instead, they curl inwards to fit into the
threshold, and that type won't fit in mine.

Is there a source which still sells the older style vinyl
weatherstips?

if you cant find it at a local hardwares store then go to another.. in
my area it took about 6 different hardware/building supply places to
find the one i needed... (no i dont mean go to one home depot and then
to another.. if one does not have it then you will not find it at
another Home depot or other franchise type store......