Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
M.Paul

Default Wood Burning Insert Question

I currently have a good (Majestic) zero clearance fireplace with a fan
around the box that we use to heat our entire (2200sf) 2 story house. The
problem is that we go through a lot of firewood (approx 5 cords) each year.
I am interested in installing a wood burning insert. Some say that I would
need to replace the existing flue, which is approximately 25 ft long, with
one that is a narrower diameter in order to get the correct draw. Other say
that it's not necessary. I am interested in hearing about the experiences
from those that have installed wood burning stove inserts.
Thanks,
M.Paul