Fred

Default Glued down carpet

We have berber carpet which has been glued down in all three levels of
our townhouse. We would like to replace the carpet on the upper two
stories with better quality carpet which is tacked down normally.
When we remove a section of the glued down carpet. Part of the pad
and carpet remains attached to the wood subfloor. How important is it
to remove all of this pad and glue? The pad seems to come up fairly
easy with a little scraping but some of the glue remains.
What type of extra charge would a typical carpet replacement
contractor charge for removing this type of carpet?
Thanks for the help!
Fred

Fitting cheap carpet Jackie UK diy 7 June 5th 04 09:30 AM
Outdoor carpet bound or glued? cp Woodworking 0 June 1st 04 09:51 PM
Carpet Not Designed for Pad or Tack Strip? Dan Home Repair 2 September 6th 03 11:03 PM
Built-in cabinets on carpet? Montyhp Woodworking 1 August 18th 03 01:59 PM
felt back carpet. jerrybuilt UK diy 3 August 14th 03 11:09 PM