Dan

Default Carpet Not Designed for Pad or Tack Strip?

I bought a very low pile carpet today to put down in part of my
garage. I had planned on buying a carpet pad and tack strips but the
man at Home Depot told me that this carpet is made to be glued down. I
really like this carpet but I don't like the idea of gluing it
directly to the floor. I need the low pile for moving my pinball
machines around but I would like some padding while i'm playing the
machines.
What would be the harm of using a pad and tack strips???

Thank you for your help
Dan
CLSSM00X7

Hi,

Some carpet is direct glue only Hon. That means it cannot be streched as can
carpet that has pad and tack. If you strech it, it wears out way faster. You
might be able to do it but it won't last as long. If it wasn't very expensive
you might try it.
Also, if you glue it down do not use exsessive glue becasue you may want
concrete in the garage down the line and it was a mess removing it. Use zip
strip if you ever have to remove the glue or any good adhesive remover.

candice

CDVD

For once Home Depot is right.

Some regular elmers glue will do just fine.

Fitting cheap carpet Jackie UK diy 7 June 5th 04 09:30 AM
cutting a rug to make room for shop(not danceing) Tony D. Woodworking 7 July 15th 03 08:31 AM