Joe Baumgarten

Default Porch Tile?

We are looking at somehow refinishing our front, concrete porch. Is there
such a thing as a tile or other product that can be laid over existing
concrete?

Charlie Bress

"Joe Baumgarten" wrote in message
We are looking at somehow refinishing our front, concrete porch. Is there
such a thing as a tile or other product that can be laid over existing
concrete?

Concrete is a good base for tile. Since this will be exposed to the weather,
don't get a highly glazed tile that will be slippery when wet.

Charlie

CLSSM00X7

Hi,

You can do quarry tile. You justuse your underlayment cement to adhere tiles
and then grout them.

candice

Roger

Is there
such a thing as a tile or other product that can be laid over existing
concrete?

:You might also consider natural stone, such as precut (not split) slate,
using thinset portland cement to attach them to the steps. Make sure to
clean the concrete with brush and detergent, then etch with diluted muriatic
acid . This will assure a fast bond between tile or stone, and the
concrete. Slate and certain other stones and tiles provide a secure, rough
surface in the winter..

Tiling Advice - Any good reason I cant use mortar as Wall Tile Adhesive SledgehammerSteve UK diy 12 December 22nd 03 04:16 PM
Screwfix Tile Cutter Rod Hewitt UK diy 5 October 28th 03 10:44 PM
Another Tile Question Dorot29701 Home Repair 7 August 1st 03 01:30 AM
Tile Indentation & Cracking, Installer, and the Attorney General Ben Home Repair 8 July 18th 03 02:25 PM