DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Porch Tile? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/49801-porch-tile.html)

Joe Baumgarten September 6th 03 09:25 PM

Porch Tile?

We are looking at somehow refinishing our front, concrete porch. Is there
such a thing as a tile or other product that can be laid over existing
concrete?

Charlie Bress September 6th 03 09:41 PM

Porch Tile?

"Joe Baumgarten" wrote in message
We are looking at somehow refinishing our front, concrete porch. Is there
such a thing as a tile or other product that can be laid over existing
concrete?

Concrete is a good base for tile. Since this will be exposed to the weather,
don't get a highly glazed tile that will be slippery when wet.

Charlie

CLSSM00X7 September 6th 03 09:44 PM

Porch Tile?

Hi,

You can do quarry tile. You justuse your underlayment cement to adhere tiles
and then grout them.

candice

Roger September 6th 03 10:32 PM

Porch Tile?

Is there
such a thing as a tile or other product that can be laid over existing
concrete?

:You might also consider natural stone, such as precut (not split) slate,
using thinset portland cement to attach them to the steps. Make sure to
clean the concrete with brush and detergent, then etch with diluted muriatic
acid . This will assure a fast bond between tile or stone, and the
concrete. Slate and certain other stones and tiles provide a secure, rough
surface in the winter..