jim

Default Do you have a heat pump?

No.
Gary Vocks

I moved into a house last fall that had a heat pump that was less than 2
years old. After feeling cold through three months and seeing horrendous
electric bills I had the heat pump taken out and had a new efficient propane
furnace installed. I really hated to spend the money but I'm glad that I
did. We were warm and toasty for the rest of a very cold winter and even
with the price of propane being up, I think I'll save money in the long run.

I really don't think heat pumps should be installed anywhere north of Mexico
City! B-)

BTW, I live out in the country in central Illinois.

Gary Vocks

"tflfb" wrote in message
What part of the country do you live in?

Are you saving any cooling and heating dollars?

How old of a unit is it, whats the SEER value and the HSPF value?

Did you replace your furnace at the time of heat pump install?

What brand is it?

Are you satified with the results for your dollars spent?

I am considering a heat pump ......my furnace is 10yrs old.. I live in

Nebr,
I am looking at a SEER value of 13 and HSPF value of 8.0 Looking at Maytag
and Trane because of the warranty. Maytag 10 yrs parts and labor, both so
far are in the $3500.00 range, for a 3 ton unit, includeing rebates

$550.00
from the electric company.

Salesman will tell you anything to make a sale, and the ones that estimate
the cost of the job have exactly what I am looking at,......... installed
in there house and they just love it.

Thanks Tom

Tom Baker

"tflfb" wrote in message ...
What part of the country do you live in?

Are you saving any cooling and heating dollars?

How old of a unit is it, whats the SEER value and the HSPF value?

Did you replace your furnace at the time of heat pump install?

What brand is it?

Are you satified with the results for your dollars spent?

I am considering a heat pump ......my furnace is 10yrs old.. I live in Nebr,
I am looking at a SEER value of 13 and HSPF value of 8.0 Looking at Maytag
and Trane because of the warranty. Maytag 10 yrs parts and labor, both so
far are in the $3500.00 range, for a 3 ton unit, includeing rebates $550.00
from the electric company.

Salesman will tell you anything to make a sale, and the ones that estimate
the cost of the job have exactly what I am looking at,......... installed
in there house and they just love it.

Thanks Tom

I live in South Carolina. Most new homes here have heat pumps.
I wonder if a ground source heat pump might be appropriate for a
climate with extreme cold.

Tom Baker
CBHvac

"tflfb" wrote in message
What part of the country do you live in?

NC

Are you saving any cooling and heating dollars?

Umm...yea..
Lots..

How old of a unit is it, whats the SEER value and the HSPF value?

1 year....14S, and 9.25H

Did you replace your furnace at the time of heat pump install?

Umm...ripped it out...

What brand is it?

York of course..

Are you satified with the results for your dollars spent?

Yup..

I am considering a heat pump ......my furnace is 10yrs old.. I live in

Nebr,
I am looking at a SEER value of 13 and HSPF value of 8.0 Looking at Maytag
and Trane because of the warranty. Maytag 10 yrs parts and labor, both so
far are in the $3500.00 range, for a 3 ton unit, includeing rebates

$550.00
from the electric company.

You probably dont want a heat pump in your area, unless is sized EXACLy

Salesman will tell you anything to make a sale, and the ones that estimate
the cost of the job have exactly what I am looking at,......... installed
in there house and they just love it.

Only when dealing wih a hack company

Thanks Tom

Jeff Cochran

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:51:35 -0500, "tflfb" wrote:

What part of the country do you live in?

SW Florida.

Are you saving any cooling and heating dollars?

What's "heating"?

Look, opinions from areas outside yours are likely useless. Get three
or more quotes, check into the reputations of the companies and ask
your friends for recommendations. Things like SEER ratings, while
arguably even a decent unit of measure, really don't apply to anything
outside your specific application. As long as each company has done
the proper analysis of your specific heating and cooling needs, you
should find similar recommendations among companies.

Jeff

How to make a vacuum kiln in 20 screwups or less. Steve Knight Woodworking 3 July 26th 03 06:12 AM
Heat pump cost Home Repair 3 July 3rd 03 07:09 PM
Heat pump formula Larry Caldwell Home Repair 2 July 2nd 03 04:43 PM
Heat pump v/s Central Air unit tflfb Home Repair 8 July 1st 03 09:37 PM