Default Heat pump cost

that sounds good most warranties is for 5 years

"tflfb" wrote in message
| I am replaceing a central air unit with a heat pump, I got a price on
| Trane model XL14i 14 SEER. 3 ton
|
| Permit, taxes labor parts to include new A/c pad
|
| remove and disposal of existing equiptment
|
| Elec wireing, refrigerant recovery on old unit, evaporator coil,
| condensation drain lines , charge system.use existing refrigent lines.
|
| 10 yr limited warranty on compressor and outdoor coil, 10 yr warranty
on all
| internal function parts.
|
| $4753.00
|
| Seems high to me

Bill T \(remove clothes to email\)

Get more bids. Include other brands like Carrier, American Standard, etc.
I collected 6 bids before I purchased. Ask about rebates & Electric Company
energy rebate plans.

"tflfb" wrote in message
I am replaceing a central air unit with a heat pump, I got a price on a
Trane model XL14i 14 SEER. 3 ton

Permit, taxes labor parts to include new A/c pad

remove and disposal of existing equiptment

Elec wireing, refrigerant recovery on old unit, evaporator coil,
condensation drain lines , charge system.use existing refrigent lines.

10 yr limited warranty on compressor and outdoor coil, 10 yr warranty on all
internal function parts.

$4753.00

Seems high to me

---

CBHvac

Then dont buy it...

Get more quotes...only a fool goes with the very first quote on something
like this...or someone that has already established a relationship with the
installer, and knows that he is not getting shafted.

However...that price, for 14SEER equipment....is better than most.
Personally, I would want to know why its so low.
Particularly on Trane...you getting it from a sign at Home Depot?
I have a quote here, from one of the largerst Trane dealers in area, that a
customer of mine gave me after she got her quotes...
2 ton, 10SEER, nothing replaced but air handler and heat pump...no duct
work...nothing...just equipment changeout..
$5799.

Get more quotes

"tflfb" wrote in message
I am replaceing a central air unit with a heat pump, I got a price on a
Trane model XL14i 14 SEER. 3 ton

Permit, taxes labor parts to include new A/c pad

remove and disposal of existing equiptment

Elec wireing, refrigerant recovery on old unit, evaporator coil,
condensation drain lines , charge system.use existing refrigent lines.

10 yr limited warranty on compressor and outdoor coil, 10 yr warranty on

all
internal function parts.

$4753.00

Seems high to me

tflfb

Right now I am only intrested in Trane and Maytag , because of the warranty.

Maytag has a 10 yr warranty on all parts and labor, Maytag SEER 13
.........$3550.00 installed.

"Bill T (remove clothes to email)" wrote in
message news:QQTMa.25916$926.2336@sccrnsc03...