SLCole

Default No water

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message ...
SLCole wrote:
We live in central Virginia, woke up this morning and had no water.
We have a 300' deep well and have a pressure tank in the crawl space.
The pressure tank, apparently due to space constraints, is mounted on
it's side strapped between 2 joists. It is a State Industries model
ST MD 20; When I open the valve at the tank we get a little water
flow, but nothing from inside faucets. The gauge only reads somewhere
around 2-6 lbs. No problem with breakers.

Is there a way to diagnose this and determine if it's a problem with
the diaphragm/bladder vs an electrical problem or submersible pump
issue? This is a 5 year old home and we had to replace the pump about
3 years ago. Any help/suggestions is appreciated!

Scott

What did they say when the tank was replaced three years ago? It sounds
like you may have conditions (water contamination etc.) that may be eating
your pumps.

The tank is original (5 years); it was the pump that was replaced 3
years ago. The "pump head" is what they said went bad then. My water
has since come back on (after a loud noise where I believe water was
entering back into the lines and purging the air out) but the
pressures comes and goes.........gauge now reads 35lbs.

Views on Potterton Suprema and Megaflow? Dave UK diy 20 November 14th 05 07:36 PM
Leak in hot water tank Johnny UK diy 9 April 9th 04 07:28 PM
HF 34706 lathe Dominic Palazzola Woodturning 56 March 8th 04 11:21 AM
Filthy Water Jason Louis UK diy 7 October 22nd 03 09:42 AM
Why is this a bad idea? Mike Hibbert UK diy 18 August 28th 03 11:59 PM