Posted to alt.home.repair

Default LED Lamps

I came across some interesting LED lamps and wonder if anyone in the newsgroup has purchased any like those in these YouTube videos? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nme8T2yLhL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffhdAz9pc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8S5y6IQD4M

[8~{} Uncle LED Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/30/2016 07:07 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I came across some interesting LED lamps and wonder if anyone in the newsgroup has purchased any like those in these YouTube videos? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nme8T2yLhL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffhdAz9pc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8S5y6IQD4M

[8~{} Uncle LED Monster

Yes, they are great for those areas where you don't want that harsh blue/white CFL or LED look.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/30/2016 2:07 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I came across some interesting LED lamps and wonder if anyone in the newsgroup has purchased any like those in these YouTube videos? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nme8T2yLhL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffhdAz9pc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8S5y6IQD4M

[8~{} Uncle LED Monster

What light bulbs? I got distracted!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smE3dD0fbE8
hahah

--
Maggie
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ver Bose writes:

On 10/30/2016 07:07 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I came across some interesting LED lamps and wonder if anyone in the
newsgroup has purchased any like those in these YouTube videos? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nme8T2yLhL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffhdAz9pc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8S5y6IQD4M

[8~{} Uncle LED Monster

Yes, they are great for those areas where you don't want that harsh
blue/white CFL or LED look.

I've seen LEDs in a range of colors. The ones in my kitchen ceiling
aren't blue at all. They are quite white, but I like them.
Work fairly well with a dimmer too. They don't go all the way down
to near nothing like incandescent, but at their lowest setting,
the room is too dark.

Come to think of it, CFLs aren't blue (or harsh) either.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/30/2016 12:30 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
Ver Bose writes:

On 10/30/2016 07:07 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I came across some interesting LED lamps and wonder if anyone in the
newsgroup has purchased any like those in these YouTube videos? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nme8T2yLhL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffhdAz9pc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8S5y6IQD4M

[8~{} Uncle LED Monster

Yes, they are great for those areas where you don't want that harsh
blue/white CFL or LED look.

I've seen LEDs in a range of colors. The ones in my kitchen ceiling
aren't blue at all. They are quite white, but I like them.
Work fairly well with a dimmer too. They don't go all the way down
to near nothing like incandescent, but at their lowest setting,
the room is too dark.

Come to think of it, CFLs aren't blue (or harsh) either.

You have to be careful with all these new bulbs.

I've got a couple of CFL's I confined to the front porch because of
their bright white light which was too irritating to replace in an
incandescent lamp.

Also annoying are humming CFL's. I was glad when 2 in the kitchen
burned out and LED's work fine and do not hum.

I was looking at replacing one halogen light in a 4 light fan fixture
over the kitchen stove with an LED when review complained about off color.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ver Bose writes:

[...]

I have 4 light sockets in a Broan hood. I originally used the 50 watt
capsule halogens in the rear and 35 watt halogen capsules in front.
I've been looking to replace them with LEDs, however, the 2 different
models I ordered on line, both had problems. Well, they didn't
specifically have problems, however, when any one of them was on, all
X10 communications ceased in the whole house. Back they went. I
finally found these at Lowe's:
https://www.lowes.com/pd/SYLVANIA-UL...-STAR/50225177
I gave them a try and they work perfectly. And now they are even
cheaper. Great color rendition and very bright. As they are a bit
longer than the 35 watt halogens, they tend to be in you eyes a bit (we
are short people). I outfitted them with rings to block the direct
glare and now they are perfect. BTW, they don't interfere with X10,
either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 10:23:04 AM UTC-5, Muggles wrote:
On 10/30/2016 2:07 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I came across some interesting LED lamps and wonder if anyone in the newsgroup has purchased any like those in these YouTube videos? ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nme8T2yLhL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffhdAz9pc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8S5y6IQD4M

[8~{} Uncle LED Monster

What light bulbs? I got distracted!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smE3dD0fbE8
hahah
--
Maggie

I sent this link to my little red haired girlfriend. I came across a picture of a pair of redheads from a country that has the most redheads in the population. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

http://tinyurl.com/h3csrco

[8~{} Uncle Grey Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 10:23:00 -0500, Muggles
wrote:

On 10/30/2016 2:07 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I came across some interesting LED lamps and wonder if anyone in the newsgroup has purchased any like those in these YouTube videos? ?(?)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nme8T2yLhL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffhdAz9pc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8S5y6IQD4M

[8~{} Uncle LED Monster

What light bulbs? I got distracted!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smE3dD0fbE8
hahah

She does make him look pretty good!

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 10/30/2016 2:07 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I came across some interesting LED lamps and wonder if anyone in the newsgroup has purchased any like those in these YouTube videos? ?(?)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nme8T2yLhL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffhdAz9pc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8S5y6IQD4M

[8~{} Uncle LED Monster

What light bulbs? I got distracted!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smE3dD0fbE8
hahah

She does make him look pretty good!

haha! They both are quite good!

--
Maggie

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 12:30:28 -0400, Dan Espen
wrote:

Ver Bose writes:

On 10/30/2016 07:07 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I came across some interesting LED lamps and wonder if anyone in the
newsgroup has purchased any like those in these YouTube videos? ?(?)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nme8T2yLhL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffhdAz9pc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8S5y6IQD4M

[8~{} Uncle LED Monster

Yes, they are great for those areas where you don't want that harsh
blue/white CFL or LED look.

I've seen LEDs in a range of colors. The ones in my kitchen ceiling
aren't blue at all. They are quite white, but I like them.
Work fairly well with a dimmer too. They don't go all the way down
to near nothing like incandescent, but at their lowest setting,
the room is too dark.

Come to think of it, CFLs aren't blue (or harsh) either.

Like LEDs, some are and some are not. It depends what phosphors are
used and how the LED is doped.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

On 10/30/2016 2:07 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
I came across some interesting LED lamps and wonder if anyone in the newsgroup has purchased any like those in these YouTube videos? ?(?)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nme8T2yLhL0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NffhdAz9pc4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8S5y6IQD4M

[8~{} Uncle LED Monster

What light bulbs? I got distracted!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smE3dD0fbE8
hahah

She does make him look pretty good!

haha! They both are quite good!
--
Maggie

Connie Talbot was six years old when she appeared on Britain's Got Talent. Now she's going on 16. ヽ(€¢€¿€¢)ノ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EgHCJHQwvg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W0SY0CFZvw

Of course she has her own YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ConnieTalbotOfficial

[8~{} Uncle Smitten Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

yeah ... she sings like an angel.

--
Maggie

EU lamps Andrew Gabriel UK diy 73 January 10th 15 11:01 AM
Oil Lamps [email protected] Home Repair 4 April 6th 14 04:30 PM
LED lamps PeterC UK diy 10 September 20th 13 10:14 AM
LED MR 11 lamps Derek ^ UK diy 3 November 7th 05 12:37 PM
O.T. Making clear lamps into amber lamps NokNokMan Metalworking 14 October 12th 05 05:46 PM