Posted to alt.home.repair

Default WELCOME TO ALT.POLITICS (Formerly alt.home.repair)

THIS NEWSGROUP IS NOW ABOUT POLITICS.

Home Repair topics are no longer accepted....

Read the latest news about Hillary, Trump, and all their scandals right
here....

Besides that. Politics and the upcoming election are far more important
than doing home repair... Once one of these two morons are elected, we
will no longer have homes to live in anyhow, since the government will
own them....

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 10:23:59 PM UTC-4, wrote:
THIS NEWSGROUP IS NOW ABOUT POLITICS.

Home Repair topics are no longer accepted....

Read the latest news about Hillary, Trump, and all their scandals right
here....

Besides that. Politics and the upcoming election are far more important
than doing home repair... Once one of these two morons are elected, we
will no longer have homes to live in anyhow, since the government will
own them....

dont fret this problem should mostly go away in under 2 weeks one hillary wins
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

| THIS NEWSGROUP IS NOW ABOUT POLITICS.

Indeed. I keep showing up in case there are
people who really need help, but those are
now occasional, while the old men yapping
about nothing, with no sense of common
courtesy, are becoming the norm. (And like Dan,
that's what I see with a number of filters in
place that prevent me seeing posts from many
of the regulars. This is the only group where
I've ever needed to block specific posters.)

I don't see much point in continuing to log
on to this group only to see nonsense and
obscenities that I need to clean out in order
to see the increasingly rare threads that actually
belong here. It's unfortunate. Usenet is a
wonderful resource, but so many people just
don't know about it. At the same time the trend
toward public incivility, at least in the US, is
showing up here. The result is a group that's
just no longer usable for its purpose.

So, goodbye to all, and good luck to anyone
who comes here actually needing help. And to
the many wiseacres who like to argue and scorn,
here's a gift of a final chance to have the last
word.

Posted to alt.home.repair
AL AL is offline

On 10/27/2016 6:41 AM, Mayayana wrote:

I don't see much point in continuing to log on to this group only to
see nonsense and obscenities

I've been playing on Usenet since 92 and things weren't any different
back then. It's always been the wild wild west at its best.

It's unfortunate. Usenet is a wonderful resource, but so many people
just don't know about it.

Yep. Web forums have pretty much taken over the younger crowd. Probably
because they're much easier to use. (As Usenet did to the old phone
based bulletin boards. Remember them?)

At the same time the trend toward public incivility,

You do need a thick skin. I mostly just look at it as I do garbage along
the side of the road. One glance and then ignore it.

The result is a group that's just no longer usable for its purpose.

I dunno. I see lots of good info here. And it's easy to ignore the 'bad'
stuff if you want to. (Don't open the headers you dislike. Ignore the
posters you dislike.)

So, goodbye to all, and good luck to anyone who comes here actually
needing help.

As my grandkids would say: Don't be a drama queen...

And to
the many wiseacres who like to argue and scorn, here's a gift of a
final chance to have the last word.

Thanks. Enjoyed it. See you under your new nym soon.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 12:05:10 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

Sure there has been some level of political threads here for many
years. But it's gotten a magnitude worse in the past year or so,
with the arrival of posters who post almost exclusively about that.
Prior it was regulars who contributed, where once in awhile some
politics was discussed.

Amen. It's just post after post after post about politics and
some screwy off topic garbage that 2 or 3 posters just love to
share. Why they think anyone in alt.home.repair wants to read
this junk hour after hour is beyond me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 14:03:45 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

BTW I got the post for my mailbox the next day. Decided to cement it in
and bought a bag of concrete at HD and was telling clerk.

Toilet seat and barbecue grill mat sent by mistake and not charged for
still sit on my front porch for pickup or somebody to steal.

If they don't pick then up, take them to the local store unopened for
a store credit (no receipt needed) and gift the card to another person
or charity. You've done your best to resolve the problem.

Vote the Pence/Trump ticket :-\
--
"Dodgeball in Burkas" -- Greg Gutfeld
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/27/2016 2:29 PM, Oren wrote:
On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 14:03:45 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

BTW I got the post for my mailbox the next day. Decided to cement it in
and bought a bag of concrete at HD and was telling clerk.

Toilet seat and barbecue grill mat sent by mistake and not charged for
still sit on my front porch for pickup or somebody to steal.

If they don't pick then up, take them to the local store unopened for
a store credit (no receipt needed) and gift the card to another person
or charity. You've done your best to resolve the problem.

Vote the Pence/Trump ticket :-\

I'll wait a week and do this. I am my favorite charity.

Guy that built my house left a shove and wheelbarrow in my house to
finish work on house next door. After a couple of weeks I told him I
was moving them to my driveway. He did not pick them up and I told a
friend that there was a shovel and wheelbarrow sitting in my driveway
and he came and took them. Then builder came around and even forced his
way in past my wife to look for them. I was not home but told him I had
put them in my driveway and figured he got them.

I am voting Trump/Pence. Unfortunately living in the state dumb enough
to vote for Biden as our senator it may be a waste but I keep hope alive.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 9:23:59 PM UTC-5, wrote:
THIS NEWSGROUP IS NOW ABOUT POLITICS.

Home Repair topics are no longer accepted....

Read the latest news about Hillary, Trump, and all their scandals right
here....

Besides that. Politics and the upcoming election are far more important
than doing home repair... Once one of these two morons are elected, we
will no longer have homes to live in anyhow, since the government will
own them....

alt.home.repair is similar to a bunch of guys bumping into each other at the supply house or hardware store. They will talk about anything including grabbing human female body parts. For some reason that mystifies me, BTJ has decided to crosspost everything he posts to alt.politics.scorched-earth. I read his stuff in scorched-earth because I think it's interesting and try to only comment in that group. Google Groups doesn't crosspost so I don't believe anything I post there will show up in alt.home.repair unless someone includes it in their crosspost. Google Groups doesn't have a killfile feature either. I suppose that's asking too much from the Internet Borg. (*_*)

[8~{} Uncle Grouper Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

BTW I got the post for my mailbox the next day. Decided
to cement
it in and bought a bag of concrete at HD and was telling
clerk.

Toilet seat and barbecue grill mat sent by mistake and
not charged
for still sit on my front porch for pickup or somebody to
steal.

If they don't pick then up, take them to the local store
unopened for
a store credit (no receipt needed) and gift the card to
another person
or charity. You've done your best to resolve the problem.

Vote the Pence/Trump ticket :-\

https://youtu.be/YY-CiPVo_NQ

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/27/2016 11:03 AM, Frank whined:

I try to kf these guys and got most. They must get their jollies
ruining ng's for others. I suspect op will print this and masturbate
with it.

BTW I got the post for my mailbox the next day. Decided to cement it in
and bought a bag of concrete at HD and was telling clerk.

Toilet seat and barbecue grill mat sent by mistake and not charged for
still sit on my front porch for pickup or somebody to steal.

Quite yer complainin', Frank. What does it matter when you don't know a
hammer from a screwdriver?
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 10/27/2016 1:03 PM, Frank wrote:
BTW I got the post for my mailbox the next day. Decided to cement it in and bought a bag of concrete at HD and was telling clerk.

Skip the concrete and just bury the post about 3'. Nice thing is that if you have to replace the post, you can usually pull the old one with a floor jack and slip the new one in place. No digging required.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

BTW I got the post for my mailbox the next day. Decided
to cement
it in and bought a bag of concrete at HD and was telling
clerk.

Toilet seat and barbecue grill mat sent by mistake and
not charged
for still sit on my front porch for pickup or somebody to
steal.

If they don't pick then up, take them to the local store
unopened for
a store credit (no receipt needed) and gift the card to
another person
or charity. You've done your best to resolve the problem.

Vote the Pence/Trump ticket :-\

https://youtu.be/YY-CiPVo_NQ

Did I just see and here that? There is a God :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

BTW I got the post for my mailbox the next day.
Decided
to cement
it in and bought a bag of concrete at HD and was
telling
clerk.

Toilet seat and barbecue grill mat sent by mistake and
not charged
for still sit on my front porch for pickup or somebody
steal.

If they don't pick then up, take them to the local store
unopened for
a store credit (no receipt needed) and gift the card to
another person
or charity. You've done your best to resolve the
problem.

Vote the Pence/Trump ticket :-\

https://youtu.be/YY-CiPVo_NQ

Did I just see and here that? There is a God :-)

And hell just froze over : )