Posted to alt.home.repair
Mayayana Mayayana is offline

Default WELCOME TO ALT.POLITICS (Formerly alt.home.repair)

wrote

| THIS NEWSGROUP IS NOW ABOUT POLITICS.

Indeed. I keep showing up in case there are
people who really need help, but those are
now occasional, while the old men yapping
about nothing, with no sense of common
courtesy, are becoming the norm. (And like Dan,
that's what I see with a number of filters in
place that prevent me seeing posts from many
of the regulars. This is the only group where
I've ever needed to block specific posters.)

I don't see much point in continuing to log
on to this group only to see nonsense and
obscenities that I need to clean out in order
to see the increasingly rare threads that actually
belong here. It's unfortunate. Usenet is a
wonderful resource, but so many people just
don't know about it. At the same time the trend
toward public incivility, at least in the US, is
showing up here. The result is a group that's
just no longer usable for its purpose.

So, goodbye to all, and good luck to anyone
who comes here actually needing help. And to
the many wiseacres who like to argue and scorn,
here's a gift of a final chance to have the last
word.