Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How do I clean chipmunk driveway sealer tracks from my garage floor?

The two friendly chipmunks who live in a woodpile near my garage and driveway decided to walk partway across the driveway and then across the front of my garage to get from one side of the property to the other. Unfortunately they did this while the driveway sealer (8-year type) was freshly applied..

I have Naptha and gasoline and paint remover as my three chemicals of choice. Anyone ever tried any of these? I can experiment, but hoping somebody may already know the answer.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 11:19:40 PM UTC-4, wrote:
The two friendly chipmunks who live in a woodpile near my garage and driveway decided to walk partway across the driveway and then across the front of my garage to get from one side of the property to the other. Unfortunately they did this while the driveway sealer (8-year type) was freshly applied.

I have Naptha and gasoline and paint remover as my three chemicals of choice. Anyone ever tried any of these? I can experiment, but hoping somebody may already know the answer.

It's a garage. Why do you care what it looks like?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/25/2016 9:18 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 11:19:40 PM UTC-4, wrote:
The two friendly chipmunks who live in a woodpile near my garage and driveway decided to walk partway across the driveway and then across the front of my garage to get from one side of the property to the other. Unfortunately they did this while the driveway sealer (8-year type) was freshly applied.

I have Naptha and gasoline and paint remover as my three chemicals of choice. Anyone ever tried any of these? I can experiment, but hoping somebody may already know the answer.

It's a garage. Why do you care what it looks like?

Cindy Hamilton

Depends on the garage. You'd not notice it it mine. My brother though,
did restorations on his cars in his 6 car garage. Cleaner than most
kitchens.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 25 Sep 2016 06:18:08 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 11:19:40 PM UTC-4, wrote:
The two friendly chipmunks who live in a woodpile near my garage and driveway decided to walk partway across the driveway and then across the front of my garage to get from one side of the property to the other. Unfortunately they did this while the driveway sealer (8-year type) was freshly applied.

I have Naptha and gasoline and paint remover as my three chemicals of choice. Anyone ever tried any of these? I can experiment, but hoping somebody may already know the answer.

It's a garage. Why do you care what it looks like?

Are you concerned that his driveway and garage will be better looking than your double-wide living room?

Posted to alt.home.repair

you might call and ask the sealer manufacturer for assistance, on what removes it.

Thanks, that's a great idea, I will do and see what they recommend.