Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Multiple Thermoatats & Multiple Baseboard Heaters

I searched but didn't find the right answer so I apologize if this is a
duplicate.
When wiring multiple baseboards on 1 circuit with each having it's own tstat
where do you junction the line wire? Does it matter?
Here's my example with 3 locations for wiring. One is already wired, one will
easily be run due to exposed walls and one will be some demo to the drywall.
Can I pigtail off of the line currently running into the existing tstat box to
branch out to a new tstat/heater location? The other tstat/heater wiring my
plan is to break the line in the workroom to install a j-box and run a branch
over to the other bedroom through the exposed ceiling/walls. Does this make
sense and sound reasonable? My biggest question is where I can junction the
wires.

This will be a total of 14.7 amps on a 20a/240 using 12/1.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...rs-904513-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 7:44:05 PM UTC-4, Anonymous wrote:
I searched but didn't find the right answer so I apologize if this is a
duplicate.
When wiring multiple baseboards on 1 circuit with each having it's own tstat
where do you junction the line wire? Does it matter?

It better be on the hot side of any existing thermostat, that's for
sure.

Here's my example with 3 locations for wiring. One is already wired, one will
easily be run due to exposed walls and one will be some demo to the drywall.
Can I pigtail off of the line currently running into the existing tstat box to
branch out to a new tstat/heater location?

Yes, provided there is enough room in the box, you don't exceed the
allowed fill.

The other tstat/heater wiring my
plan is to break the line in the workroom to install a j-box and run a branch
over to the other bedroom through the exposed ceiling/walls. Does this make
sense and sound reasonable? My biggest question is where I can junction the
wires.

This will be a total of 14.7 amps on a 20a/240 using 12/1.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...rs-904513-.htm

Extending multiple BX cables: with multiple bx cables or multiple wires in greenfield? Existential Angst Home Repair 13 November 14th 09 04:58 PM
multiple RCDs Richard Tobin UK diy 16 July 3rd 08 12:12 PM
Wiring multiple baseboard heaters [email protected] Home Repair 17 September 27th 06 02:38 AM
multiple roofs MarkK Home Repair 7 November 4th 05 11:32 AM
multiple threadlets raden UK diy 4 December 12th 04 10:46 PM