Posted to alt.home.repair
Anonymous[_27_] Anonymous[_27_] is offline

Default Multiple Thermoatats & Multiple Baseboard Heaters

I searched but didn't find the right answer so I apologize if this is a
duplicate.
When wiring multiple baseboards on 1 circuit with each having it's own tstat
where do you junction the line wire? Does it matter?
Here's my example with 3 locations for wiring. One is already wired, one will
easily be run due to exposed walls and one will be some demo to the drywall.
Can I pigtail off of the line currently running into the existing tstat box to
branch out to a new tstat/heater location? The other tstat/heater wiring my
plan is to break the line in the workroom to install a j-box and run a branch
over to the other bedroom through the exposed ceiling/walls. Does this make
sense and sound reasonable? My biggest question is where I can junction the
wires.

This will be a total of 14.7 amps on a 20a/240 using 12/1.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...rs-904513-.htm