Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shed Ramp

I am building a ramp for my shed and need some help.
I to use *2x8 x 4ft* long as stringers and can not get the measurements right
to get the angles for the ground cut and the ledger cut.
The height from the ground to the floor is *10 inches*

Can some one help with this dilemma

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...mp-903899-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 03:44:01 +0000, DJ1111
m wrote:

I am building a ramp for my shed and need some help.
I to use *2x8 x 4ft* long as stringers and can not get the measurements right
to get the angles for the ground cut and the ledger cut.
The height from the ground to the floor is *10 inches*

Can some one help with this dilemma

Use a framing square. Use 24" mark on the long side and 5" mark on the
short side. That establishes the angle for a 5" drop in 24 or 10" in
48"

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 11:44:05 PM UTC-4, DJ1111 wrote:
I am building a ramp for my shed and need some help.
I to use *2x8 x 4ft* long as stringers and can not get the measurements right
to get the angles for the ground cut and the ledger cut.
The height from the ground to the floor is *10 inches*

Can some one help with this dilemma

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...mp-903899-.htm

wood in direct ground contact will rot

add dirt toto the proper angle, and use paving stones. its better to make the ramp longer, easier to move stuff in and out
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/18/16 10:44 PM, DJ1111 wrote:
I am building a ramp for my shed and need some help. I to use *2x8 x
4ft* long as stringers and can not get the measurements right to get
the angles for the ground cut and the ledger cut. The height from the
ground to the floor is *10 inches*

Can some one help with this dilemma

Would pickup loading ramps work for you? One advantage
would be they can be moved easily when it's time to mow and such.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 19 Sep 2016 07:29:07 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

Would pickup loading ramps work for you? One advantage
would be they can be moved easily when it's time to mow and such.

.... metal threshold, curb, wheelchair, scooter ramps?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 10:44:05 PM UTC-5, DJ1111 wrote:
I am building a ramp for my shed and need some help.
I to use *2x8 x 4ft* long as stringers and can not get the measurements right
to get the angles for the ground cut and the ledger cut.
The height from the ground to the floor is *10 inches*

Can some one help with this dilemma

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...mp-903899-.htm

Angle for the ground cut is arcsin(10/48) = 12 degrees
Angle for ledger cut = 90 degrees - (angle for ground cut) = 78 degrees
Posted to alt.home.repair
JAS JAS is offline

wrote:
On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 10:44:05 PM UTC-5, DJ1111 wrote:
I am building a ramp for my shed and need some help.
I to use *2x8 x 4ft* long as stringers and can not get the measurements right
to get the angles for the ground cut and the ledger cut.
The height from the ground to the floor is *10 inches*

Can some one help with this dilemma

--
for full context, visit
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...mp-903899-.htm

Angle for the ground cut is arcsin(10/48) = 12 degrees
Angle for ledger cut = 90 degrees - (angle for ground cut) = 78 degrees

Is there a calculator on line to derive at the results for those who do
not know trig? I wish I did but do not.

--
You either teach people to treat you with dignity and respect, or
you don't. This means you are partly responsible for the mistreatment
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 08:38:41 -0600, JAS

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 10:44:05 PM UTC-5, DJ1111 wrote:
I am building a ramp for my shed and need some help.
I to use *2x8 x 4ft* long as stringers and can not get the measurements right
to get the angles for the ground cut and the ledger cut.
The height from the ground to the floor is *10 inches*

Can some one help with this dilemma

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...mp-903899-.htm

Angle for the ground cut is arcsin(10/48) = 12 degrees
Angle for ledger cut = 90 degrees - (angle for ground cut) = 78 degrees

Is there a calculator on line to derive at the results for those who do
not know trig? I wish I did but do not.

If you just use a framing square you don't need any math at all and it
will be perfect every time no matter what the rise and run ends up
being.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 9/21/2016 10:38 AM, JAS wrote:

Can some one help with this dilemma

Angle for the ground cut is arcsin(10/48) = 12 degrees
Angle for ledger cut = 90 degrees - (angle for ground cut) = 78 degrees

Is there a calculator on line to derive at the results for those who do
not know trig? I wish I did but do not.

I don't know about trig but I do know it it gets much hotter than 78
degrees I'd wait a day or two to do it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

JAS
Wed, 21 Sep 2016 14:38:41 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Is there a calculator on line to derive at the results for those
who do not know trig? I wish I did but do not.

You don't know how to use a search engine, either?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=online+tri...or&t=hl&ia=web

That was easy. Pick one.

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That