Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shed Ramp

On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 08:38:41 -0600, JAS

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 10:44:05 PM UTC-5, DJ1111 wrote:
I am building a ramp for my shed and need some help.
I to use *2x8 x 4ft* long as stringers and can not get the measurements right
to get the angles for the ground cut and the ledger cut.
The height from the ground to the floor is *10 inches*

Can some one help with this dilemma

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...mp-903899-.htm

Angle for the ground cut is arcsin(10/48) = 12 degrees
Angle for ledger cut = 90 degrees - (angle for ground cut) = 78 degrees

Is there a calculator on line to derive at the results for those who do
not know trig? I wish I did but do not.

If you just use a framing square you don't need any math at all and it
will be perfect every time no matter what the rise and run ends up
being.