Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Furnance blower motor shutting off and on.

Using the blower to move cool air from the basement to the rest of the house.
When I try to use the AC it still shuts off and takes longer each time to
reset but the outside unit continues to run.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...on-900288-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 1:14:05 PM UTC-4, Mike wrote:
Using the blower to move cool air from the basement to the rest of the house.
When I try to use the AC it still shuts off and takes longer each time to
reset but the outside unit continues to run.

--
for full context, visit http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...on-900288-.htm

I think what you're saying is the blower goes on and off when using
it in the fan on all the time mode or with the blower set to auto,
where it only runs with heat or AC. So, it sounds like either a bad
blower motor, bad control board, or maybe a bad capacitor. I'd
start by finding out if there is AC voltage to the motor when it's
cutting out. That assumes it's an AC motor. If it's one of the
fancy ECM variable speed motors, well, I guess that's more difficult
to diagnose. Any flashing LEDs on a control board?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 12:14:05 PM UTC-5, Mike wrote:
Using the blower to move cool air from the basement to the rest of the house.
When I try to use the AC it still shuts off and takes longer each time to
reset but the outside unit continues to run.
--

If it's a standard split phase capacitor motor, you may have a bad capacitor. A picture/pictures of the motor posted to an image sharing site could help the denizens of this newsgroup identify the type motor. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Motor Monster