Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Round House

Texas Flip and Move had the rehabbers buying a grain bin then making
it into a small house. The bin was a fourteen or sixteen foot diameter.
The eve might've been about ten feet high originally but they raised it one
ring. Rings are about 30" or so. It didn't look like they insulated the
peak
too well but it was hard to tell. Anyhow, some pictures here of other
bin remodels.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=grain+bins+into+houses&FORM=HDRSC2
or http://alturl.com/e6cih
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 7:48:49 PM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Texas Flip and Move had the rehabbers buying a grain bin then making
it into a small house. The bin was a fourteen or sixteen foot diameter.
The eve might've been about ten feet high originally but they raised it one
ring. Rings are about 30" or so. It didn't look like they insulated the
peak
too well but it was hard to tell. Anyhow, some pictures here of other
bin remodels.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=grain+bins+into+houses&FORM=HDRSC2
or http://alturl.com/e6cih

That's pretty cool! I knew people converted barns into homes but I didn't know they were converting silos into homes except for the kind that were built to house ICBM's. I wonder how the grain silo homes holdup during tornadoes and high winds from other severe storms? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Silo Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 19:48:44 -0500, Dean Hoffman
wrote:

Texas Flip and Move had the rehabbers buying a grain bin then making
it into a small house. The bin was a fourteen or sixteen foot diameter.
The eve might've been about ten feet high originally but they raised it one
ring. Rings are about 30" or so. It didn't look like they insulated the
peak
too well but it was hard to tell. Anyhow, some pictures here of other
bin remodels.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=grain+bins+into+houses&FORM=HDRSC2
or http://alturl.com/e6cih

Florida was building a new prison in Hendry County back in 1977. I
transported the first 15 inmates there. They were a work cadre of
various skills.

There were a few units like this on the property, and were converted
into housing units until the prison was fully activated. Never did get
to see the final results. though.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-07-31, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Texas Flip and Move had the rehabbers buying a grain bin then making
it into a small house. The bin was a fourteen or sixteen foot diameter.

Seems I recall Bob Hope built (or was beginning to build) a huge round
house. As I recall, he abandoned the project. Turns out Americans do not
like living in round houses. No corners to back into or some such
nonsense. Somehow, I think I did not get the entire story.

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 23:02:19 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=grain+bins+into+houses&FORM=HDRSC2
or http://alturl.com/e6cih

That's pretty cool! I knew people converted barns into homes but I didn't know they were converting silos into homes except for the kind that were built to house ICBM's. I wonder how the grain silo homes holdup during tornadoes and high winds from other severe storms? ^_^

IIRC, it was the show Tiny Houses. A lady bought a small silo, moved
it to her property and raised if a couple of feet by adding metal to
it. At the ceiling peak there was a vent / sono light tube for
additional light.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-07-31, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Texas Flip and Move had the rehabbers buying a grain bin then making
it into a small house. The bin was a fourteen or sixteen foot diameter.

Seems I recall Bob Hope built (or was beginning to build) a huge round
house. As I recall, he abandoned the project. Turns out Americans do not
like living in round houses. No corners to back into or some such
nonsense. Somehow, I think I did not get the entire story.

nb

There are a couple wooden round houses in my area. The one owner I
knew said the furniture placement was a bit odd. It was about the
height of
a regular house.
I think he needed a round house for his little round wife.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-07-31, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Texas Flip and Move had the rehabbers buying a grain bin then making
it into a small house. The bin was a fourteen or sixteen foot diameter.

Seems I recall Bob Hope built (or was beginning to build) a huge round
house. As I recall, he abandoned the project. Turns out Americans do not
like living in round houses. No corners to back into or some such
nonsense. Somehow, I think I did not get the entire story.

nb

There are a couple wooden round houses in my area. The one owner I
knew said the furniture placement was a bit odd. It was about the
height of
a regular house.
I think he needed a round house for his little round wife.

theres a round hose near me. its a nice home but hard to furnish since all the furniture needs to be custom made......

its been sold several times since i moved here as a child.......

tends to stay on market a long time and sell pretty cheap.....

its the only round hose i have ever seen in pittsburgh, they definetely arent popular
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/31/2016 12:02 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
That's pretty cool! I knew people converted barns into homes but I didn't know they were converting silos into homes except for the kind that were built to house ICBM's. I wonder how the grain silo homes holdup during tornadoes and high winds from other severe storms? ^_^

Back in the day there was sort of a commune on a rented farm and an
empty full-sized silo was on the property. Chanting aum in an empty silo
is very interesting. Even playing a guitar was something else due to the
strange acoustics.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=grain+bins+into+houses&FORM=HDRSC2
or http://alturl.com/e6cih

That's pretty cool! I knew people converted barns into homes but I didn't know they were converting silos into homes except for the kind that were built to house ICBM's. I wonder how the grain silo homes holdup during tornadoes and high winds from other severe storms? ^_^

IIRC, it was the show Tiny Houses. A lady bought a small silo, moved
it to her property and raised if a couple of feet by adding metal to
it. At the ceiling peak there was a vent / sono light tube for
additional light.

I think it's a heck of a way to re-purpose/recycle old grain silos. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Recycled Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 1:39:37 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 07/31/2016 12:02 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
That's pretty cool! I knew people converted barns into homes but I didn't know they were converting silos into homes except for the kind that were built to house ICBM's. I wonder how the grain silo homes holdup during tornadoes and high winds from other severe storms? ^_^

Back in the day there was sort of a commune on a rented farm and an
empty full-sized silo was on the property. Chanting aum in an empty silo
is very interesting. Even playing a guitar was something else due to the
strange acoustics.

You damn Hippie! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Commune Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 14:04:19 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster wrote:

On Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 1:39:37 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 07/31/2016 12:02 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
That's pretty cool! I knew people converted barns into homes but I didn't know they were converting silos into homes except for the kind that were built to house ICBM's. I wonder how the grain silo homes holdup during tornadoes and high winds from other severe storms? ^_^

Back in the day there was sort of a commune on a rented farm and an
empty full-sized silo was on the property. Chanting aum in an empty silo
is very interesting. Even playing a guitar was something else due to the
strange acoustics.

You damn Hippie! ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Commune Monster

That sounds more like a damn beatnik than a hippie!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/31/2016 03:04 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
You damn Hippie! ^_^

I never made it as a full on hippie, more like a biker with hippie
friends. I believe in peace, love, and Mr. Browning's M1911. Not many
problems you can't solve with that combination.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/31/2016 03:43 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
That sounds more like a damn beatnik than a hippie!

Well I was exposed to Maynard J. Krebs at an impressionable age... I do
think the Beats had better literary output. Copious quantities of
amphetamines leads to interesting works. Copious quantities of LSD-25
leads to 'Oh, wow!'

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 10:24:08 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 07/31/2016 03:43 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:
That sounds more like a damn beatnik than a hippie!

Well I was exposed to Maynard J. Krebs at an impressionable age... I do
think the Beats had better literary output. Copious quantities of
amphetamines leads to interesting works. Copious quantities of LSD-25
leads to 'Oh, wow!'

"Maynard G." unless you have a different meaning for jay?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 31 Jul 2016 14:01:30 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

IIRC, it was the show Tiny Houses. A lady bought a small silo, moved
it to her property and raised if a couple of feet by adding metal to
it. At the ceiling peak there was a vent / sono light tube for
additional light.

I think it's a heck of a way to re-purpose/recycle old grain silos. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Recycled Monster

Tampa and Las Vegas found a good use for ocean shipping containers. To
costly to ship back to China.

Tampa built housing units for low income projects. Las Vegas built a
tourist trap for renovation old down town. Called container park.

....707 Fremont Street · Downtown Las Vegas

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 10:21:02 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 07/31/2016 03:04 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
You damn Hippie! ^_^

I never made it as a full on hippie, more like a biker with hippie
friends. I believe in peace, love, and Mr. Browning's M1911. Not many
problems you can't solve with that combination.

Billy Jack would be very disappointed with you. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Peace Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 07/31/2016 09:43 PM, bob_villain wrote:
"Maynard G." unless you have a different meaning for jay?

Well, he always said the G was silent...
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/01/2016 03:20 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 10:21:02 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 07/31/2016 03:04 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
You damn Hippie! ^_^

I never made it as a full on hippie, more like a biker with hippie
friends. I believe in peace, love, and Mr. Browning's M1911. Not many
problems you can't solve with that combination.

Billy Jack would be very disappointed with you. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Peace Monster

Billy Jack? Did you ever see Billy Jack 0, aka 'The Born Losers' ? You
meet the nicest people on a Honda.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-08-02, rbowman wrote:

Billy Jack? Did you ever see Billy Jack 0, aka 'The Born Losers' ? You
meet the nicest people on a Honda.

She was on a Yamaha.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Monday, August 1, 2016 at 10:16:50 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 08/01/2016 03:20 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Sunday, July 31, 2016 at 10:21:02 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 07/31/2016 03:04 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
You damn Hippie! ^_^

I never made it as a full on hippie, more like a biker with hippie
friends. I believe in peace, love, and Mr. Browning's M1911. Not many
problems you can't solve with that combination.

Billy Jack would be very disappointed with you. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Peace Monster

Billy Jack? Did you ever see Billy Jack 0, aka 'The Born Losers' ? You
meet the nicest people on a Honda.

The gal on the motorbike had a bouncy personality. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Bike Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-08-02, rbowman wrote:

Billy Jack? Did you ever see Billy Jack 0, aka 'The Born Losers' ? You
meet the nicest people on a Honda.

She was on a Yamaha.

That's what it was? A hot young thing could be riding the proverbial
Vincent Black Shadow and I might not notice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 08/02/2016 12:47 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
The gal on the motorbike had a bouncy personality. ^_^

Why I didn't notice it was a Yamahummer...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 11:33:46 PM UTC-5, rbowman wrote:
On 08/02/2016 12:47 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
The gal on the motorbike had a bouncy personality. ^_^

Why I didn't notice it was a Yamahummer...

I remember going to see the Billy Jack movies with friends. I thought they were a hoot. Karate movies with feelings for Hippies/Liberal/Leftists. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Hippy Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2016-08-03, rbowman wrote:

On 08/02/2016 12:47 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
The gal on the motorbike had a bouncy personality. ^_^

Why I didn't notice it was a Yamahummer...

But, you knew it was NOT a Vincent Black Lightning!

You lie! Most ppl do not even know such a beast even existed. Heck,
I've seen many Vincents, yet even I did not know there was a Vincent
"Black Lightning". IOW, even I was wrong! (sad, but true)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincen..._Lightning.jpg

BTW, that"bouncy" "gal", Elizabeth James, wrote that movie. Three
guesses what "bouncy" refers to.

nb --typical horny male

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dean Hoffman posted for all of us...

Texas Flip and Move had the rehabbers buying a grain bin then making
it into a small house. The bin was a fourteen or sixteen foot diameter.
The eve might've been about ten feet high originally but they raised it one
ring. Rings are about 30" or so. It didn't look like they insulated the
peak
too well but it was hard to tell. Anyhow, some pictures here of other
bin remodels.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=grain+bins+into+houses&FORM=HDRSC2
or http://alturl.com/e6cih

I said to the one legged girl hi Peg. Run to the roundhouse they won't find
you there.

I know it's not PC but

--
Tekkie