Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Round House

On Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 7:48:49 PM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Texas Flip and Move had the rehabbers buying a grain bin then making
it into a small house. The bin was a fourteen or sixteen foot diameter.
The eve might've been about ten feet high originally but they raised it one
ring. Rings are about 30" or so. It didn't look like they insulated the
peak
too well but it was hard to tell. Anyhow, some pictures here of other
bin remodels.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=grain+bins+into+houses&FORM=HDRSC2
or http://alturl.com/e6cih

That's pretty cool! I knew people converted barns into homes but I didn't know they were converting silos into homes except for the kind that were built to house ICBM's. I wonder how the grain silo homes holdup during tornadoes and high winds from other severe storms? ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Silo Monster