Posted to alt.home.repair

Default push-in water fittings leaking

replying to Terry, Ray Maramara wrote:
I have the same prob with an everpure system I just installed. A couple leaked
but I just took the tubing, fine-sanded the tubing that goes into the fitting
(tube side and blunt end) and stopped all but one. It's driving me nuts so I'm
looking for a heat-shrink tape seal.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ng-502780-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 11:44:02 +0000, Ray Maramara
wrote:

replying to Terry, Ray Maramara wrote:
I have the same prob with an everpure system I just installed. A couple leaked
but I just took the tubing, fine-sanded the tubing that goes into the fitting
(tube side and blunt end) and stopped all but one. It's driving me nuts so I'm
looking for a heat-shrink tape seal.

I've never heard of heatshiink tape stopping a leak under pressure.

Why don't you people from hubbahubba ever quote anyone.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

replying to Terry, Ray Maramara wrote:
I have the same prob with an everpure system I just installed. A couple
leaked but I just took the tubing, fine-sanded the tubing that goes into
the fitting (tube side and blunt end) and stopped all but one. It's
driving me nuts so I'm looking for a heat-shrink tape seal.

I've never heard of heatshiink tape stopping a leak under pressure.

Why don't you people from hubbahubba ever quote anyone.

It's a puzzlement, isn't it? :-)

It would not have mattered much because what "Ray" replied to was
*TWELVE years old!* "Terry" cured his leak in January 2004. "hubbahubba"
people (I like that!) can't read dates.

OK to mix-and-match push-fit fittings? mike[_7_] UK diy 5 June 26th 08 09:22 PM
Push fit pipe fittings slider UK diy 6 April 21st 08 05:08 PM
Push-click cabinet fittings SarahEmmm UK diy 1 January 8th 06 06:45 PM
Compression vs. push-fit fittings? al UK diy 23 April 15th 05 10:12 PM
Push-in pipe fittings [email protected] UK diy 0 April 13th 05 02:23 AM