Posted to alt.home.repair
Sam Hill Sam Hill is offline

Default push-in water fittings leaking

Micky wrote:

On Tue, 19 Jul 2016 11:44:02 +0000, Ray Maramara
wrote:

replying to Terry, Ray Maramara wrote:
I have the same prob with an everpure system I just installed. A couple
leaked but I just took the tubing, fine-sanded the tubing that goes into
the fitting (tube side and blunt end) and stopped all but one. It's
driving me nuts so I'm looking for a heat-shrink tape seal.

I've never heard of heatshiink tape stopping a leak under pressure.

Why don't you people from hubbahubba ever quote anyone.

It's a puzzlement, isn't it? :-)

It would not have mattered much because what "Ray" replied to was
*TWELVE years old!* "Terry" cured his leak in January 2004. "hubbahubba"
people (I like that!) can't read dates.