Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Routers

I have a business Linksys router and Xfinity modem in my home that I use for my telephone and internet services. I also have Xfinity Cable TV, which they have sent me another modem, that they say I have to set up to use the Xfinity X1 package. Is there a trip to having to set up to modems like to cable lines? Will they bump into each other especially when I have a static IP address for my business account. I am not sure why I have to set up one router for the TV and one for the business. The TV is a personal account.. Xfinity does not offer full cable for business accounts. Has anyone run into this problem before? Xfinity cannot answer these questions. Any helpful ideas as to how to proceed?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 10:29:02 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I have a business Linksys router and Xfinity modem in my home that I use for my telephone and internet services. I also have Xfinity Cable TV, which they have sent me another modem, that they say I have to set up to use the Xfinity X1 package. Is there a trip to having to set up to modems like to cable lines? Will they bump into each other especially when I have a static IP address for my business account. I am not sure why I have to set up one router for the TV and one for the business. The TV is a personal account. Xfinity does not offer full cable for business accounts. Has anyone run into this problem before? Xfinity cannot answer these questions. Any helpful ideas as to how to proceed?

It is possible to subscribe to Xfinity cable, internet and phone over
one cable. The "modem" would most likely be am MTA unit which takes
the feed cable and splits the signals. One if a standard F connector
cable out (to your TV), the other is a standard RJ-11 jack for
connection to your phone(s) and the third is an RG-45 which you
connect to the WAN port of your router.
That's about all there is to it.
It is possible to purchase your own modem/mtu and rouer versus paying
Xfinitity $10+ EACH per month. Myself and many of my friends have
done so and as long as the model purchased is found on the Xfinity
"approved/compatible" list, there is no problem.

You can look on eBay for a new or used MTU for a VERY attractive
price.

Good luck.

Routers - best or best value? A.Lee UK diy 7 January 24th 09 12:01 PM
Routers [email protected] Woodworking 53 July 1st 08 03:36 AM
Routers [email protected] Woodworking 29 February 1st 08 12:46 AM
Routers howienineball Woodworking 17 December 2nd 06 02:26 AM
Routers again Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 58 December 30th 05 02:58 PM