Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Refrigerator rollers

It appears (not yet verified) that one or more of the (plastic)
rollers under the refrigerator may have disintegrated (or, be
in the process of doing so).

[I suspect the "webbing" inside the roller has fractured based
on the bits of plastic I've discovered under the unit]

I'm thinking of strapping it to my "refrigerator dolly"
http://www.aaarentalsredwoodcity.com/itemimages/3058.jpg
and leaning it back "for transport" to expose the underside.
By carefully choosing the side from which to approach the
refrigerator, I should be able to MOST elevate the rollers
in question. Not the greatest in terms of accessibility but
should be enough to expose the rollers and any mounting hardware
necessary to remove/replace.

I can't imagine any OTHER way to get at the underside of
the unit? And, I'm sure we're not the only ones who will
have had to replace these rollers (given that they are a
replaceable "spare"!)

[Note to self: remove liquids from refrigerator before doing so]
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 08 May 2016 13:55:07 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

[...]

Take the model number to an appliance parts web site and look at the
parts diagram. It may be an easily replaced assembly.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/8/2016 6:30 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

[Note to self: remove liquids from refrigerator before doing so]

Make another note: Check the pan under it to make sure all the water
has evaporated out of it.

Note to Don Y: This is your big chance to
clean the condenser, and scrub out the
pan under it, now there is none out of it.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

It appears (not yet verified) that one or more of the (plastic)
rollers under the refrigerator may have disintegrated (or, be
in the process of doing so).

....bah. never heard of such nonsense.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 08 May 2016 18:41:01 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

Trick will be to see if I can find a local supplier so I don't have to
wait a week for a couple of pieces of dense plastic...

Yes that is the trick. Unless it is a very popular style that an
appliance parts place has, you or they will be ordering them.
I just took a peek to be sure the wheel assembly had all the bad parts
(rust in my case) ordered them and put them in when they came in.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Maybe you should consider putting in a different size/design of rollers that would hold up for a longer time???

Appliance rollers? Tim W[_2_] UK diy 7 October 25th 09 09:05 AM
paint rollers Stephen[_6_] UK diy 6 May 1st 09 07:00 PM
Pour-in rollers Jim S UK diy 18 June 26th 08 09:05 AM
Paint rollers CJC UK diy 17 June 6th 08 10:15 PM
Appliance Rollers gospvg UK diy 9 April 12th 08 10:02 AM