Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Appliance Rollers

We have just had some new lino fitted into the kitchen - getting the
dishwasher & washing machine back in was a nightmare.

I'm thinking should I buy appliance rollers?
I would hate for the lino to get torn if we were ever moving any of these
appliances

Only downside with rollers are they add 4cm to the height of the appliance
which might be tight for the dishwasher

Are appliance rollers any good ?

Is there anything else I could use instead?

Thanks for any advice in advance

Niaz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

After serious thinking gospvg wrote :
We have just had some new lino fitted into the kitchen - getting the
dishwasher & washing machine back in was a nightmare.

I'm thinking should I buy appliance rollers?
I would hate for the lino to get torn if we were ever moving any of these
appliances

Only downside with rollers are they add 4cm to the height of the appliance
which might be tight for the dishwasher

Are appliance rollers any good ?

Is there anything else I could use instead?

I used 4x clothes placed under each corner - worked fine on laminate in
the utility.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
k...

I used 4x clothes placed under each corner - worked fine on laminate in
the utility.

Laminate is more solid compared to vinyl lino

Niaz

Posted to uk.d-i-y
OG OG is offline

"gospvg" wrote in message
We have just had some new lino fitted into the kitchen - getting the
dishwasher & washing machine back in was a nightmare.

I'm thinking should I buy appliance rollers?
I would hate for the lino to get torn if we were ever moving any of these
appliances

Only downside with rollers are they add 4cm to the height of the appliance
which might be tight for the dishwasher

Are appliance rollers any good ?

Is there anything else I could use instead?

If you're only concerned about damage while moving the appliances, you could
get a sheet of thin board, slide it right under the front end and move the
appliance onto the board. That way there's no significant movement across
the visible surface of the lino.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
After serious thinking gospvg wrote :
We have just had some new lino fitted into the kitchen - getting the
dishwasher & washing machine back in was a nightmare.

I'm thinking should I buy appliance rollers?
I would hate for the lino to get torn if we were ever moving any of
these appliances

Only downside with rollers are they add 4cm to the height of the
appliance which might be tight for the dishwasher

Are appliance rollers any good ?

Is there anything else I could use instead?

I used 4x clothes placed under each corner - worked fine on laminate
in the utility.

we use offcuts of carpet (pile facing downwards) trimmed to be practically
invisible.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 20:31:03 +0100, "gospvg"
wrote:

Are appliance rollers any good ?

I've used them in the past and they were pretty useless. Somewhat
better, and not adding significant height, were the slippy plastic
discs you can get.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"OG" wrote in message

"gospvg" wrote in message
We have just had some new lino fitted into the kitchen - getting the
dishwasher & washing machine back in was a nightmare.

I'm thinking should I buy appliance rollers?
I would hate for the lino to get torn if we were ever moving any of these
appliances

Only downside with rollers are they add 4cm to the height of the
appliance which might be tight for the dishwasher

Are appliance rollers any good ?

Is there anything else I could use instead?

If you're only concerned about damage while moving the appliances, you
could get a sheet of thin board, slide it right under the front end and
move the appliance onto the board. That way there's no significant
movement across the visible surface of the lino.

I use this method as well. ( I have a couple of strips of laminate flooring
that I use.) Most other solutions will cause damage if there is the smallest
bit of grit. Rollers bet impregnated with grit if you are not careful.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Are appliance rollers any good ?

I've used them in the past and they were pretty useless. Somewhat
better, and not adding significant height, were the slippy plastic
discs you can get.

Thanks for the tip I will not bother with the rollers

Niaz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

gospvg wrote:
We have just had some new lino fitted into the kitchen - getting the
dishwasher & washing machine back in was a nightmare.

I'm thinking should I buy appliance rollers?
I would hate for the lino to get torn if we were ever moving any of these
appliances

Only downside with rollers are they add 4cm to the height of the appliance
which might be tight for the dishwasher

Are appliance rollers any good ?

Is there anything else I could use instead?

Thanks for any advice in advance

Niaz

I also had lino fitted in the kitchen this week, bought castor cups,
found a bagful for a quid at B&Q, smeared the base with washing up
liquid and placed under the feet, sliding the units back in was a doddle
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bazza" wrote in message
gospvg wrote:
We have just had some new lino fitted into the kitchen - getting the
dishwasher & washing machine back in was a nightmare.

I'm thinking should I buy appliance rollers?
I would hate for the lino to get torn if we were ever moving any of these
appliances

Only downside with rollers are they add 4cm to the height of the
appliance which might be tight for the dishwasher

Are appliance rollers any good ?

Is there anything else I could use instead?

Thanks for any advice in advance

Niaz

I also had lino fitted in the kitchen this week, bought castor cups, found
a bagful for a quid at B&Q, smeared the base with washing up liquid and
placed under the feet, sliding the units back in was a doddle

I wouldn't want soapy feet on my washer - it would let it wander around .
(an old one once got oil on the feet and it was a load of trouble - I had to
remove and de-grease the rubber pads).

Where to get Ball Bearing rollers bdeditch Woodworking 14 December 14th 05 09:13 PM
cleaning planer rollers habbi Woodworking 15 October 3rd 05 03:50 PM
French window rollers David Green UK diy 1 June 27th 05 11:32 PM
Autofeed Rollers John UK diy 8 April 1st 05 04:51 PM
Cleaning planer rollers? Jim Wheeler Woodworking 6 December 18th 04 12:50 PM