Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default paint rollers

Hello,

I bought some nine inch paint rollers from B&Q before I learned of
their cheaper sister company, Screwfix. I have now bought some roller
sleeves from Screwfix but it seems they do not fit the roller frames
from B&Q, even though they are all from the same manufacturer! It
seems that the B&Q (DIY?) versions are one and a half inches in
diameter, whereas the Screwfix (trade?) versions are one and three
quarter inches in diameter. Why is that? I am thinking of binning the
smaller frames.

Thanks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Stephen" wrote in message
news
Hello,

I bought some nine inch paint rollers from B&Q before I learned of
their cheaper sister company, Screwfix. I have now bought some roller
sleeves from Screwfix but it seems they do not fit the roller frames
from B&Q, even though they are all from the same manufacturer! It
seems that the B&Q (DIY?) versions are one and a half inches in
diameter, whereas the Screwfix (trade?) versions are one and three
quarter inches in diameter. Why is that? I am thinking of binning the
smaller frames.

Thanks.

Hi

Never bought rollers from B&Q / Screwfix. I usually buy them from
Wilkinsons - think about £3 gets you a tray, roller frame and roller. I
find the rollers from here very good and at that price disposable. Use,
then bin.

By the way, Screwfix is not always cheaper than B&Q!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Stephen wrote:

I bought some nine inch paint rollers from B&Q before I learned of
their cheaper sister company, Screwfix. I have now bought some roller
sleeves from Screwfix but it seems they do not fit the roller frames
from B&Q, even though they are all from the same manufacturer! It
seems that the B&Q (DIY?) versions are one and a half inches in
diameter, whereas the Screwfix (trade?) versions are one and three
quarter inches in diameter. Why is that?

Simple, two sizes of roller.
Sheds generally sell the smaller, S/F and trade outlets sell the larger
diameter ones.
S/F also sell the smaller ones, if you take them back, they will
exchange.

Alan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:22:04 +0100, "Slider" wrote:

Never bought rollers from B&Q / Screwfix. I usually buy them from
Wilkinsons - think about £3 gets you a tray, roller frame and roller. I
find the rollers from here very good and at that price disposable. Use,
then bin.

Are you disposing everything or just the roller sleeve? If I roll
gloss I always bin the sleeve because I think it would use far too
much white spirit to clean the roller (of course I only use small
rollers with gloss; not nine inch ones). With emulsions, I usually
manage to rinse everything off and reuse.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

If I roll
gloss I always bin the sleeve because I think it would use far too
much white spirit to clean the roller

Have a Google for Dandy paint brush and roller cleaner.

Amazingly enough, they do work.

And it provides an excuse to hang on to that thirty year old B&D drill
that you can't quite bring yourself to throw out although you never
actually use it any more.

Paint rollers CJC UK diy 17 June 6th 08 10:15 PM
just a quick one - paint rollers.. benpost UK diy 11 February 7th 08 04:29 PM
Cleaning Paint Rollers Paul Home Repair 36 October 17th 06 12:19 AM
indoor walls: spray paint or roll paint with rollers? Ari Shapiro Home Repair 3 November 17th 03 09:17 PM
How I clean emultion paint rollers Ledswinger UK diy 5 July 16th 03 11:19 PM